Page 1 of 47 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Show me your Go Pro

Thinking about picking up a Go Pro - can some of you show me how you have them mounted, and maybe give me a bit of insight on using one? I have seen some amazing footage made from them, but have never actually seen or used one. Does a mount come with it? How long can you record on it? That kind of stuff.

+1
    here is my page using the go pro camera http://www.youtube.com/user/raiderx7...eo-mustangbase
    .. on the ski i have it mounted on the hood with the suction cup with or on the rear deck always with a tether. on the mx bike i just have it stuck to the side of the helmet.. I have never (knock on wood) had it fall off... Depending on the package you get will depend on the mounts that come with the camera. recording also depends on the res you are recording in. In in 1080 i can get a hole day of riding.. Continuous recording i would say prolly 3 hrs with the battery life.

+1
    depends the size of the memory you have inside it... it will determine how long you can record... but for sure the battery will be dead before the memory is full...

the mounts USUALLY dont come with it unless its some kit....
    otherwise you can buy any type of mount you want...

and also look into the contour ones... seen some on special around here for cheaper than the gopro...
    i really like that 1 bar slide and its filming...

as for mounts... i dont wear a helmet on my jetski... but on my atv i do.. so the most usefull mounts would be a helmet one and another idea is, on my rxp theres a bar/ledge where my top storage bin is. id mount the cam there...

oh ad dont forget the waterproof case

EDIT: just forgot to add that i want one aswell, but wont be getting one soon... maybe if i see another good special around and they wont be sold out...

I would think that for $300 bucks they would be complete with everything, but some places are camera only, others give you it all. I guess you really have to watch when purchasing. I am surprised to hear about a suction cup mount.. seems like all of the general roughness on a ski would bounce it right off.

it comes with atleast a mount that has double sided tape on the back. but make sure you get a suction cup mount. i love mine. i just had to replace it because i lost one off of my truck because i didn't lock the suction cup down. the manual says the battery will last 2.5 hours, so if you have a 16gig SD card, you will never fill it all of he way.

Full Throttle or Broke!!! UNSANE's Avatar
    +1
    I have 3 of them now thanks to my GF (2 Hero 2's and an original) I use 32G cards and never have a memory problem. I have run the batteries down before. About 2 hours and some change.

My YT page is www.youtube.com/unsane

I will now be doing 3 cameras at once! I have a suction cup mount, which may be aiming towards the front or back, (soon both at the same time) I put a sticky mount right over the brp logo dome on the rear of my ski and have a sticky mount on my moto helmet. I also have a chest mount and a non-helmet head mount that I sometimes use. I also got roll cage mounts and such. I've put these things inside a jet powered semi before, they have very flexible mounting accessories.

I don't have any example pics of my mock ups. I should take some this week with all that free time I have until 1/3

Full Throttle or Broke!!! UNSANE's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Devildog9999 View Post
    I would think that for $300 bucks they would be complete with everything, but some places are camera only, others give you it all. I guess you really have to watch when purchasing. I am surprised to hear about a suction cup mount.. seems like all of the general roughness on a ski would bounce it right off.
    As long as it's properly applied and locked down to a DRY and smooth surface, it will hold. I've gone through waves before and even though the camera got slammed all crooked, the mount held. Get one little drop of water under there while mounting and it will slide right off (and into the Gulf of Mexico in my case)

+1
    Get the HERO2. Much better image quality. I use a pole for hand held & suction cup on the hood with a leach (just in case): http://www.youtube.com/user/LeBeauparlant

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Devildog9999 View Post
    I bought the Motorsports GoPro 1080HD Edition camera . it came with all the goodies. curved mounts, straight mounts,the suction cup mount. you can film at 30fps at 720 or 60fps at 720, 920fps at 30fps,920 at 60fps,and 1080 at 30/fps only. not 60 at that level. I paid 300 plus tax. 318 total.

You can also do single shots like a regular camera or at intervals 2 4 20 30 60 second intervals.(something like that). I use the suction mount on my ski. it says to mount it DRY, dont put spit or water on the suction cup. I also tie 60 lb test line doubled up on the camera latch and on the suction cup. if anything lets loose, i still have it. it never has come off even in high seas and rough conditions.

Its a great camera. polycarbonate cover(bulletproof) and stainless steel construction.

I have an 8 gig card in it and it records for 30 mins in 1080HD. it can take up to a 32 gig card. that would be 2 hours of 1080HD and the battery will last the whole time.

I want to get a 64 card but not sure if the camera will accept it.

They have a new HERO2 camera now. even better with wi=fi capable and you can buy 2 of them and have 3-d with a double case that starts both at the same time. pretty neat.

they also have a window that attaches to the back so you can watch the videos($$$$ extra) and a larger battery pack($$$$) and even a floaty that attaches to the back of it now. ($$$$)..

I saw a seadoo this year wearing the camera with the slide on clip flat mount on his ski and he said it works great. the mounts have a special 3-m sticky glue made just for the GOPRO.

Its good for 300 feet deep and any altitude. I love mine.

It comes with a waterproof back so you can go underwater and another back to let the noise in to hear better if not in using in the water. Go for it. youll really like it. its small too. 4 ounces weight. youll be surprised how small it is. don't let it fool ya!. its sweet.

Its an awesome camera. Best out there for sports. I think anyways..

They sell a chest harness, a surfboard harness and helmet mounts for it too. check out their website for details.

Watch the videos on a huge HDTV 50 or bigger and you'll swear your on the ski still! lol and the sound is amazing too.just like your there.

And NO. I dont work for GOPRO>lol just telling MY experiences with it..

If there is 1 thing wrong with it, I would say the goofy old school looking led script telling you what is what on the camera as you switch from 1 mode to another is not that great. you have to remember what is what or refer back to the instructions. other than that, I'm happy with it. I just leave it on video filming anyways so no biggie. I always film in 1080HD.

I'm looking forward to this summer and making some cool footage on the lake.. I would say if anything...let another rider film YOU! its gets boring real quick watching a video if the camera is on your ski in the front just cruising around.. it looks the same the whole time and the ski running making the same noise forever gets boring.

Now if your doing a bouy course, that would be way cool to see. Just do yourself a favor and dont film for long periods just going straight and at 1 speed>>>>>BORING to watch.

Banned User
    +1
    I plan on buying one before spring. Can't wait to get some HD footage of going off some 6 footers on Lake Michigan!

Page 1 of 47 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information