Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Pro 785 Coil and misc mods

Hey guys Im new to the site I used to be on here when I had my rxp but I just had a pro 785 dropped in my lap last year with two burnt pistons. Rebuilt the motor ran great for about 25 hours till the owner put straight gas in it......anyways new crank, bearings, pistons and all new everything, this go round just rebuilt the carbs too. Motified the cylinder head no t-stat, now have 3 fitting in the head(one for each chamber) for the water to exit also. Flushed out all three chambers checked all the restrictors and such for any blockages and we should be good to go(melted a hose once had a blockage) So the ski is all ready to go I found out that my excitor coil on the stator is shorted and the display and starting circuit is all dead because all of the electrical runs through this coil.

So my two questions are.... Does anyone have an exciter coil or a whole stator for the 785 they are willing to sell or know where I can buy one or reman the one I have?

And....Is there anything else I can possibly do to this motor to prevent any more meltdowns? I think I got the "mandatory" mods done to keep the cooling equal between cylinders and chambers. BTW Im in Florida warm water

Thanks Guys hope to be on this site more thanks for having me

+1
    a 785 stator is very hard to find but you do have options ,get one from any 94-97 750/780 motor but you'll need the flywheel to or get yours rebuilt from John at jetskisolutions

if your melting the stinger hoses make sure your jetworks valve isn't stuck

Thanks alot didnt know you could swap them out with the 780. Havnt had any luck rebuilding it either I'll get ahold of that place thank you.

+1
    Also, use Randys water routing for the pipes if not done already.. make sure your intake screen is in the exit nozzle.. guys put in strainers and a shut off valve for towing if interested. always put the valve first, then the strainer. that way if the strainer leaks, you can shut the valve. the other way around...if you shut the valve, the strainer will still leak. i added 2 strainers to mine. 1 for the big stuff and a smaller finer one just before the jet works valve. i had to empty the small one twice this summer from all the weeds. also get a delrin ball for the jetworks valve. beerdart may have one laying around. that ball is tougher than the original.

I'D RATHER SWEAT THAN SHIVER hyoctane23's Avatar
    +1
    Jet Ski Solutions does amazing work on the stators. I had mine for the 1010 redone and John did a great job!!!!

Bowsniper-where can I find maybe a diagram? on the water line routing like you mentioned

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilderyzed View Post
    Bowsniper-where can I find maybe a diagram? on the water line routing like you mentioned
    what yr is your ski if it's a 99-00 you don't need the update

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1

Ok yea I have an 01' its already ran like that. I appreciate all the help guys I ordered a 780 stator and flywheel should be here friday can't wait its been over a year since i've ridden this thing.

Got the stator today Im putting it in right now.... does it need to be timed on the front of the motor? or can you just slap it on and the cdi will control the timing?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information