Smile Solo Christmas Avalon Ride

I had an entire day to relax and do some riding on Christmas so I did exactly that. Arrived at South Shore ramp next to the QueenMary and launched around 9:00 am. The winds and water were calm so I floored it to Avalon. My Polaris 750 was screaming across the channel and I managed to hit an all time high of 52 mph! Arrived at Avalon at around 10:20 and I was greeted by a large pod of dolphins. I have never seen a dolphin in person until that moment, it was a beautiful view! I am also ashamed to say that a dolphin slightly bumped into my jet ski, I hope I didn't hurt it. I gassed up my ski, did a little bit of picture taking and was on my way back by 12 noon. I was lucky that the gas station was open on Christmas, everything else was closed. All in all, I had a blast and my Polaris did a fantastic job of getting me home safely. It pays of to keep your jet ski mechanically maintained and in tip top shape.

+1
    That was definately a great trip. You got to experience something that is definately something to cherish. Many people mever get to see this in their life. I see them every day out here as a mariner and I have learned to never take it for granted.

Quote Originally Posted by lasportsmn View Post
    That was definately a great trip. You got to experience something that is definately something to cherish. Many people mever get to see this in their life. I see them every day out here as a mariner and I have learned to never take it for granted.

It truly is something that I will never forget, cant wait to get back out there!

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by deveous9 View Post
    It truly is something that I will never forget, cant wait to get back out there!
    You should not be riding to cat alone we have seen many bad things happen to peeps on this ride with groups let alone by them selves. Ride safe glad you had a safe trip. Just something to keep in mind.

very cool

Quote Originally Posted by FIRE0021 View Post
    You should not be riding to cat alone we have seen many bad things happen to peeps on this ride with groups let alone by them selves. Ride safe glad you had a safe trip. Just something to keep in mind.

It just seems to me that many jet ski guys just didnt want to ride with me because of my lack of riding experience. That combined with the fact that my ski is an older model and may present a significant issue when speaking about reliability. I am aware of the dangers involved in this crossing and that is why I brought along a vhf radio, gps and cell phone.

+1
    Looks like a nice ride! Older doesn't necessarily mean unreliable. As you pointed out proper maintenance is the key.

Thread Information