+1

2002 1200 SUV Prop Part #

Hey guys, I do I know what part number I need for the prop for my Waverunner? Also, if I was going to replace it, are there other parts that are also needed?

How difficult of a job is it?

I have a 100 hours on this unit all on the original prop. Always been used on fresh water, but it is starting to show some signs of wear. No chips....just seeing more daylight between the prop and the housing. I think I have lost a mph or two on the top-end too, though it is hard to say. Can still hit 51 though really depends on conditions.

I came across a Nujet YM-C60 for only a $100....juts wondering if this is the right one and if it is worth the effort and cost to replace.

You have several options for impellers - you can have the stock one reconditioned, or like you found you can buy aftermarket. I changed mine at about 110 hours and it had a little extra clearance like you mention yours has. Mine also had some cavitation pitting.

I went with a Solas YF-CD 12/18 and am happy with it. I did some research and the consensus was either to stay with the stock wheel or go with the Solas. I also installed a new wear ring from SBT with the plastic liner.

Don't expect a speed gain with an aftermarket impeller on this ski. You might see a bit more but it won't be night and day, but on mine the holeshot performance was noticable and worth the upgrade.

If you're going to do it yourself, the only special tool I'd recommend getting is the driveshaft holder - it has a hex head with splines cut so you can safely hold the shaft in a vise while you unscrew the impeller from the shaft.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by WaterDR View Post
    Hey guys, I do I know what part number I need for the prop for my Waverunner? Also, if I was going to replace it, are there other parts that are also needed?

How difficult of a job is it?

I have a 100 hours on this unit all on the original prop. Always been used on fresh water, but it is starting to show some signs of wear. No chips....just seeing more daylight between the prop and the housing. I think I have lost a mph or two on the top-end too, though it is hard to say. Can still hit 51 though really depends on conditions.

I came across a Nujet YM-C60 for only a $100....juts wondering if this is the right one and if it is worth the effort and cost to replace.
    The Nujet is not a good choice for this ski. The solas concord YF-CD 12/18 works OK but tends to cavitate as does the OEM prop. I had better luck with a Solas YF-CD 13/19 repitched to 12/18.
    It is also recommended to seal your pump shoe, these are the same as the XLT/Xll hulls in the rear. Many threads on sealing pump shoes here, this will help a lot with the cavitation issues.

+1
    Thanks guys.....gonna look into the pump shoe sealing issue.

solas 12-18 is working good but you will lose top speed
    with the stock prop you can go 53 miles
    with the solas12/18 50miles works good in general
    i try the 13/19 skat trak is working very well with one or two persons
    i have installed now a 11/19
    i want to have top speed with one person and with 4 persons to start well

my opinion is to keep the stock prop if it is in good condition installed a intake grate , pump shoe kit

Thread Information