OPAS removal question

So for christmas i got two opas removal kits. One for my 05 RXT and on for my 06 RXP. I was looking through the instructions and for the RXT on steps 14-16 its says to remove the hose and 90 degree fitting from the pump the the hull. I thought this hose was the water supply for the exhuast? I am wrong or is there something that i am missing here that the opas system on the RXT requires water to flow to it? Any help would be great. Ohh also its the RIVA Performance OPAS block off kit part number RS29050-1 from our performance parts store. Thanks is advance for any information guys

+1
    From the exploded view it doesn't look like the water goes anywhere but the OPAS,
    http://216.37.204.203/Seadoo_OEM/Sea...=13&A=130&B=15

And you can see on the exhaust exploded view where hose clip # 28 goes to the exhaust outlet with water,
    http://216.37.204.203/Seadoo_OEM/Sea...e=13&A=130&B=1

Hmm very interesting. I wonder why they would have water going to the OPAS in the first and then also why they would have going to the OPAS on the RXT but not the RXP. Hmm seems weird to me. Thanks for your info though that makes my mind at ease now.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ndarimont View Post
    Hmm very interesting. I wonder why they would have water going to the OPAS in the first and then also why they would have going to the OPAS on the RXT but not the RXP. Hmm seems weird to me. Thanks for your info though that makes my mind at ease now.
    OPAS fins on RXP's are fixed... Not so on RXT's, they are plumbed into water pressure from the pump- when the water psi is raised by elevated pump rpm, the water pressure raises the OPAS fins up into the hull- spring pressure allows them to return to the "down" position when pump rpm (and water pressure) are decreased.

+1
    The RXT had the paddles that lowered when you backed off on the gas the RXP did not, at least that is what I was told,
    I have a RXP and there is no water to the opas, it was a piece of cake to take everything off,
    I just made some block offs out of black lexan plastic, you have to get some good water proof epoxy or fast cure 5200 or 4200 by 3m,
    good luck, if you ever go with an external intercooler you can use that input line that you are supposed to block off,

Ok thanks for the info guys i greatly appreciate it. Also about the external intercooler. I think i am going to be doing some more mods at the end of next season. Have to save money up and buy the mods a little at a time. So the intercooler thing is nice to know

Thread Information