Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Question Stupid Plug Question

So I bought the 05 RXT and already threw an intake, pump wedge, grate and impeller in. I then went to replace the plugs and noticed the plug caps were not on and it looked like they were stuck up inside the coil. I destroyed the coil before figuring out the plug caps were removed.

The question is how do I remove the top of the spark plug to expose the threaded stud? I tried and it twised the plug apart. I am using DCPR8E plugs

+1
    there are 2 versions of the plugs, one version has removable ends.

+1
    There is two different stock numbers for the DCPR8E plugs one screws off the other does not.

You want the NGK 4339 which has the removable tip. The 4179 doesn't and both are DCPR8E

+1
    thanks guys. I feel like an ass considering I built my aquatrax engine from the ground up and also built my SC'd V6 from the ground up and can't even replace a plug. Ooph

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by imp0ster View Post
    thanks guys. I feel like an ass considering I built my aquatrax engine from the ground up and also built my SC'd V6 from the ground up and can't even replace a plug. Ooph
    I thought the EXACT same thing many years ago when I first got my ski. I'm glad I didn't destroy a
    coil though . Lesson learnt.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by imp0ster View Post
    Yea, I wouldn't tell anyone else you did that Have you replaced your Supercharger washers?

+1
    I have not replaced the washers. I bought it with 30hrs on it 3 weeks ago and took it out once to test it after the purchase(FL and a wet suit ). Naturally it had bad gas in it so I puttered around for the first hour letting the seafoam break down the crap so it can pass through. I will rebuild my SC at 80 or 90 hours.

I brought a GPS and had it to 63(old plugs and gas). Hit some chop and the stupid F'n fin on the side caught a wave and off I went. The people on shore told me my aerial acrobatics were awe inspiring. Really blows when the water catches the jacket at speed. I believe it's called the OPAS system. I will be cutting some aluminum and removing those as soon as I get my other goodies in.

BTW I JUST sold my Exciter 220! Milled the heads down .010 and threw on the SBNs from the 270. Boat was a blast and I already miss it!

welcome to the forum. Do NOT WAIT UNTIL 80hours to replace the stock ceramic washers. they are prone to failure and will cause alot more damage when they break. and the 04-05 bearings were a weak point also. so get it rebuild asap. do a search on here and you'll see why.

Jerry, here on Greenhulk rebuilds them or you can opt for an x-charger but you'll want 42lb injectors to go with the x-charger

+1
    What kind of 42s? I have a spare set or FORD green meanies left over from my pre e85 days. Will those work? Are they high or low impedence?

Honestly I don't know if I want to mess with the boost level of the engine. If someone can get me a compressor efficiency vs heat map, for stock 215 vs x type, that would be awesome. 70MPH and I'll be satisified.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information