Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: RXP + X Charger

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    21

    RXP + X Charger

    Hi, I have an 05 RXP with X Charger and riva intake. I bought it used and the motor has 3 hours on it. I noticed it has the stock injectors and I think that from what I read, that is not a good thing. My local SeaDoo dealer suggested I need to do 42# injectors but want to charge me $300 for them. They say that with the X charger on a stock RXP, you need to upgrade from the stock 38# to 42# to make it right.

    Will these work?

    http://www.racetronix.biz/itemdesc.a...01D030x&eq=&Tp=

    Or are the Bosch ones like this better?
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/BOSCH-028015...sories&vxp=mtr


  2. #2
    dnielsen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Shreveport, Louisiana
    Posts
    2,018
    +1
    94
    Quote Originally Posted by boostedz06 View Post
    Hi, I have an 05 RXP with X Charger and riva intake. I bought it used and the motor has 3 hours on it. I noticed it has the stock injectors and I think that from what I read, that is not a good thing. My local SeaDoo dealer suggested I need to do 42# injectors but want to charge me $300 for them. They say that with the X charger on a stock RXP, you need to upgrade from the stock 38# to 42# to make it right.

    Will these work?

    http://www.racetronix.biz/itemdesc.a...01D030x&eq=&Tp=

    Or are the Bosch ones like this better?
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/BOSCH-028015...sories&vxp=mtr
    Correct, the stock RXP 38s will not flow enough fuel for the x charger. The 42s in the first link are Delphi injectors and are crap, stay away from those.

    Here are the 42s you need.....

    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=363

    You might want to think about investing in an AFR monitoring system if you start modding the stock system, it appears as if this was done prior to your purchase of the ski.

  3. #3
    Moderator Snoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    South Chicagoland
    Posts
    14,688
    +1
    846
    go with the bosch injectors...i like them and run them on my ski as many other members on here do...they work well and i have not heard of any issues with them..

    Quote Originally Posted by dnielsen View Post
    +1

  4. #4
    ADAMBOMB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sunrise,Florida
    Posts
    4,723
    +1
    196
    Quote Originally Posted by boostedz06 View Post
    Hi, I have an 05 RXP with X Charger and riva intake. I bought it used and the motor has 3 hours on it. I noticed it has the stock injectors and I think that from what I read, that is not a good thing. My local SeaDoo dealer suggested I need to do 42# injectors but want to charge me $300 for them. They say that with the X charger on a stock RXP, you need to upgrade from the stock 38# to 42# to make it right.

    Will these work?

    http://www.racetronix.biz/itemdesc.a...01D030x&eq=&Tp=

    Or are the Bosch ones like this better?
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/BOSCH-028015...sories&vxp=mtr
    Welcome to the forum
    Thats correct. You will want to go with the Bosch injectors. They sell them here in the store.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by dnielsen View Post
    Correct, the stock RXP 38s will not flow enough fuel for the x charger. The 42s in the first link are Delphi injectors and are crap, stay away from those.

    Here are the 42s you need.....

    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=363

    You might want to think about investing in an AFR monitoring system if you start modding the stock system, it appears as if this was done prior to your purchase of the ski.
    Yeah I have a portable wideband, I just might hook it up. But arent the Bosch injectors in the ebay link I provided the same ones?

  6. #6
    Moderator Snoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    South Chicagoland
    Posts
    14,688
    +1
    846
    Quote Originally Posted by boostedz06 View Post
    Yeah I have a portable wideband, I just might hook it up. But arent the Bosch injectors in the ebay link I provided the same ones?
    Yes they are,BUT you do not know if they are matched or not..jerrys are all flow matched and tested...

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
    Yes they are,BUT you do not know if they are matched or not..jerrys are all flow matched and tested...
    Great to know, good insurance for $50 Thanks.

  8. #8
    Formerly Red08Ultra250
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Dunedin, FL
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
    Yes they are,BUT you do not know if they are matched or not..jerrys are all flow matched and tested...
    Can you elaborate what this means exactly? That they come from the same batch? or what

  9. #9
    Moderator Snoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    South Chicagoland
    Posts
    14,688
    +1
    846
    they are match to flow within a certain percentage of each other..that way you dont have one that flows a tad bit more or less than the next...

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    n.j.
    Posts
    457
    I've replaced many injectors as a set and as an individual and never had a match problem. or is it when replacing them on a 3 cylinder that makes a difference? then again I 've replaced them on 4-10 cylinder engines.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-02-2016, 12:28 PM
  2. WTB Wtb 2006 rxp super charger adapter sleeve 4"
    By skigolfnut in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-28-2011, 02:39 PM
  3. 2007 RXP Super Charger rebuild
    By rmaier in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-12-2010, 07:04 PM
  4. 2004 RXP Super Charger - Rebuild or Replace?
    By NJMatt50 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 12-02-2009, 08:44 AM
  5. Lets See Some RXP/X Chargers w/RR Wheel & Spacer Results
    By novaprop67 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 04-22-2008, 10:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •