Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Need help asap gp1300r!

hey ive been looking around at some r&d plates cones riva systems etc just wanted to know the run down etc for what everyone else has and what seems to work the best for them if you can give me some info 2008 model gp1300r

Hi welcome to Greenhulk but your first tip is dont post your question more than once because your impatient for an answer. Next tip do some reading and enjoy the wealth of vast knowledge and opinions on here about modding your ski and set your budget but get ready to spend way over it because you joined Greenhulk. Your setup will depend on your riding conditions and what kind of speed gains your looking for. Try this link http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=51546

Every adventure comes to an end........ Not Today! wreckingball's Avatar
    +1
    +1 & welcome.

Try the search link by typing key words like: Riva R&D Ride Plate Intake Grate exc....

Or look for build threads. Usually you'll find something that another member has already done and like it.

+1
    May I suggest that when you are reading, focus first on hull modifications and aftermarket bolt on components to the hull that you can do on the cheap and not intrusive. You will be surprised and how much faster, safer, and better handleing a craft you will have when you focus on the details.

Once you have done these types of mods and are conviced that you cannot squeeze another .1mph out of it, then go with engine mods. It will be then that you can see some true changes.

well. hence the question. because i already looked at other threads. but every second person is saying different things about different plates etc. hence why i am asking. not looking at anything for the engine as such was just looking at plates sponsons etc etc etc. just asking general statement of what people have and have had prior to see what is the better option and why

+1
    Not sure what you are asking you have read threads that give you different opinions. You will almost always have folks that like one thing and another group that like another. Asking for opinions in a thread will just get the same info again. You will get to know which guys on here know what they are talking about on a GPR, WFO, Duke, Osiedbill, Hdyrotoys, Woody, jerry and many more etc. ( in no certain order all are good and know what they are doing) Listen to them.

http://rd-performance.com/performanceKits/index.asp

....read the description of the different stage kits/parts... . You will then discover which will suit your needs/budget. That is one approach.

Welcome and enjoy!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonevans View Post
    well. hence the question. because i already looked at other threads. but every second person is saying different things about different plates etc. hence why i am asking. not looking at anything for the engine as such was just looking at plates sponsons etc etc etc. just asking general statement of what people have and have had prior to see what is the better option and why

here I believe is a nice bolt on package for around 7 hundred that is pretty simple to do:

riva top loader intake
    r&d ride plate/jim performance custom cut
    solas dynafly 14/20 impeller
    riva pump shoe stuffer
    stepped sponsons(free)

you'll get better hookup less cavitation and put you around 66-67 mph (gps)

and there's lots more room for performance and speed if you want to do some engine work if you decide to one day to go down that road....

what the go with the stepped sponsons for free is it a package deal or something?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information