Northwest Ohio

2002 Polaris Virage i won't start. Can CODES be MANUALLY accessed?

Hello, new to GreenHulk. I'm not much of performance guy, except in the BR, but I would really like it if my 2002 Polaris Virage i would start. Here's the story:

Bought Virage i used a couple of years ago. Always started and performed flawlessly. Last 6 July it stopped running, as if it was out of gas. [This was while I was towing a 2006 Sea Doo GTI, which had a broken timing chain and puked engine after only 47 hrs = scrap]. Took it to Idylwyld in Fremont Ohio and Jim there looked at it and diagnosed a bad fuel pressure regulator. I installed an in-line aftermarket fuel pressure regulator, and the Virage i started up after initial adjustments. I ran it for a few minutes and it ran fine, just like before. I went across the lake, and when I stopped (after 5 - 10 minutes) I shut the engine off. I did not "beach" the pwc. When I tried to restart the ski it would not start, and hasn't started since.

Took the ski to my AUTO mechanic, who has experience with skis and snowmobiles, and he could not get it to start. He believes he may be more successful if he can access the CODES, but he does not have a "Polaris code-reader." IS THERE ANY WAY TO MANUALLY ACCESS THE CODES ON A 2002 POLARIS VIRAGE i? If I can't access the codes I may have to take the ski to a stealer, which I try to avoid. It's getting difficult to find anyone who will even look at a Polaris ski nowadays.

I'd like to sell the Polaris next spring and pick up another Yamaha [never, never, another Sea Doo]. It would be much easier to sell if it ran.

Any help anyone can provide would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Banned User
    Milwaukee WI

Northwest Ohio
    Thank you very much, BryanP! Wishing you and yours a happy, safe, and trouble-free new year!

Thread Information