Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Buying a fzr

Buying a fzr

I have a 2008 gp1300r and will b buying a 2011 fzr to compliment it only question Is and yes I've searched but when I do free flow exhaust or rear exit exhaust with blow of valve do I need a power cammander from r and d?

+1
    Nope you only need that when your going beyond stock boost. What you do need for your own safety is an aftermarket intake grate to prevent you from over stuffing. Most of us are running the R&D grate. http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1120

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterholics View Post
    Nope you only need that when your going beyond stock boost. What you do need for your own safety is an aftermarket intake grate to prevent you from over stuffing. Most of us are running the R&D grate. http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1120
    Very good advice!

Also, I recommend the Riva rear exhaust over the free flow. The free flow tends to have a lot of drone. The rear exhaust sounds really good and clean.
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1198

yes i already had planned on doing the vx ride plate an r and d intake grate and trim tabs. like i have on my gpr. that will mainly b my gf bike so i will not throw anyhing else on that. the list i have is as follows

vx ride plate, r and d intake grate trim tabs throttle body ribbon delete rear exit exhaust and the high performance muffler.

+1
    The cost of an aftermarket water box "muffler" would be better spent on upgrading the stock air filter/intake

Neighborhood Superman SlowStang305's Avatar
    +1
    Do yourself a favor and get the through hull exhaust. The regular free flow is such an annoying piece of crap.

Ok I just don't feel comfortable cutting a hole in the hull but. I dot need an aftermarket muffler?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 0rdcbra1 View Post
    Ok I just don't feel comfortable cutting a hole in the hull but. I dot need an aftermarket muffler?
    Well then have a shop do it for it. It's pretty simple actually, RIVA provides a template to show you exactly where to cut the hole. You don't NEED an aftermarket exhaust but it's way better than stock.

Neighborhood Superman SlowStang305's Avatar
    +1
    Yeah bro trust me its worth it in the end. My buddy has had both exhausts and when I rode his ski its such a difference. The through hull is 100% better and less annoying.

+1
    I dont think the FF drones that bad to be honest. At 3-4k, yes it drones. But if you are like most riders on GH most of your time will be spent well above 4k rpm so all you will hear is the wind.

I'm sure the rear exit doesn't drone much, but if you're like me-- cutting a hole in the rear of your ski isn't that appealing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information