1997 WaveVenture 760 Won't Start

This has me stumped. I bought this ski and it started right up. The next day after getting it home it would not start and had no spark. I went back later that day and it started right up and I rode it over the next 2 days. I has now sat about 1 month and it will not start. When first trying to start it there sometimes is one spark and then nothing. I charged the battery and replaced it with a new one. No change.

Any ideas on what the most likely cause is. I am thinking CDI, but could it be something simple?

John

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnCiccarelli View Post
    This has me stumped. I bought this ski and it started right up. The next day after getting it home it would not start and had no spark. I went back later that day and it started right up and I rode it over the next 2 days. I has now sat about 1 month and it will not start. When first trying to start it there sometimes is one spark and then nothing. I charged the battery and replaced it with a new one. No change.

Any ideas on what the most likely cause is. I am thinking CDI, but could it be something simple?

John
    Most likely something simple. I had one do the same thing but it was a seadoo i was working on. it was a loose plug going to the stator pickup.

try cleaning the wire plug connections going to the start stop switch and other connections. hope this helps

Check the wiring harnest near the drive shaft. I once had a problem with a wave raider, previous owner installed the cover that goes around the shaft and pinched a wire or two. Caused a sometime runs sometimes dosent condition

I guess I found the problem. There was corrosion on the positive battery connector where it is crimped. Cleaned and Re-Crimped and It starts and runs great.

I am surprised that the voltage was high enough to run the starter, but not the ignition.

Thanks for all of the ideas, John

Thread Information