Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

3 rude fuel help

I am testing a 3 rude on my rxtx 260rs. I have tested with rrfpr up yo 62 psi but it is lean according to me. My afr now is over... Then i tested with riva 60 inj and at 58 is reach but rpms when throttle is close it is 1400 rpms. Then tryed 35-38 and it is lean due to rpms at close throttle rise to 2300 rpms. Lastly i tryed 45 and rpms at close throttle is 1800 so it seems good.

Any ideas? Which fuel pressure do you use with 60 inj? I have stock piston.

Thanks to all

Inviato dal mio GT-I9100 usando Tapatalk

+1
    I would try using a Begi system so you can set idle, mid-range and WOT independently. Other options are to wait for the Power Commander V.

+1
    i run a begi, walbro, and an aeromotive fpr. It took me a while to dial in my setup. i was VERY rich. I believe key on fuel pressure is 55psi.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by danieletrono View Post
    I am testing a 3 rude on my rxtx 260rs. I have tested with rrfpr up yo 62 psi but it is lean according to me. My afr now is over... Then i tested with riva 60 inj and at 58 is reach but rpms when throttle is close it is 1400 rpms. Then tryed 35-38 and it is lean due to rpms at close throttle rise to 2300 rpms. Lastly i tryed 45 and rpms at close throttle is 1800 so it seems good.

Thanks to all

Complicated question.

Would recommend using Siemens injectors and depending on what ECU your running will dictate injector size and fuel pressure. Different ECUs have different duty cycles and ratios to the MAP sensor so there is no one pressure fits all.

What are youe AFs at idle, cruise and WOT? Are you using regulator with a boost reference? Need a lot more info.

Also Jerry could probably burn you a new curve to get you pretty close with the injector of your choice.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by danieletrono View Post

Thanks to all

Riva 60s?, I didnt know Riva made, wait, sold a 60# injector. It looks like your trying to tune based on idle RPMs, do you not have an AFR monitoring system installed? First of all you need to be tuneing for WOT first, as this is the area most likely to destroy your engine if not correct. You just simply cant guess at this, must be done correctly and accurately and more so as you add more boost. 18-19 psi on a poorly tuned engine and BOOM! Get the AFR monitoring installed, tune for WOT, see where your at throughout the mid and lower RPM range from there and adjust fueling as needed. You may need a begi setup, a Rude fuel controller, a stand alone ECU, a remapped ECU (performed by someone that really knows how), or real soon the Dynojet system will be available. STOP trying to tune by engine idle RPM, recipe for disaster!

+1
    It will not last long, if he has stock pistons, anyway. I would tune for 10.5-11.0:1 with stock pistons and run 100 octane(US) gas. The stock pistons will meltdown in seconds with a bad tune and a 3RUDE.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1300r View Post
    It will not last long, if he has stock pistons, anyway. I would tune for 10.5-11.0:1 with stock pistons and run 100 octane(US) gas. The stock pistons will meltdown in seconds with a bad tune and a 3RUDE.
    Thats true, one pass on a bad tune with OEMs and the ring lands will be toast.

Hello guys, why you don't use sensor on center cylinder exsahust? is good for life pistons . ciao and good yare2012

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by samui View Post
    Hello guys, why you don't use sensor on center cylinder exsahust? is good for life pistons . ciao and good yare2012
    If you are talking about for monitoring EGTs some do.

Correct

I use thermocouple rotax racing on center cylinder and buy istrument made in STAGE 6 for monitoring this pay 80 EURO and i use on my pwc with more mod.,i running to 850°C. and limit work is 920°C. for me this system is better when i have high maximum temperature change my fuel pressurefor best performance.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information