+1

Ski Is Glued To The Water (no lift HELP)

Hi Guys well the 1st Lowell BB1390 is running in Australia she s just run in.. Ski is not dialed in yet so top speed we are still playing with should have a good idea by the end of the we when i get the ski back.

But i have a problem at WOT Trim up the ski is still glued to the water its like its on railway tracks I have no idea ski does not porpise at all in the flat or in little chop. Ski is running strong but has no lift and i know that s shreading mph the ski is doing is around 73-75mph (keep in mind ski is running rich and not dialed in)few more goodies have to go on as well.

Little about the ski

Trim was checked all ok in neural position

Pump shoe is about 2mm higher than the hull back of the shoe is pretty much in line with the hull (maybe this is my problem)

Pump area sealed

J Plate with R&D 1200 grate (all clear between the pump area and plate and higher than the shoe and hull)

OEM Stepped Sponsons

OEM Trim Tabs

Trued Hull

and my fat arse as far back as I can go I still can t get the ski to lift out off the water. The area where the ski breaks the water line is around the glove box area.

Any info would be great never seen this b4 with 3 other skis we have set up and yes it had to happen to mine LOL

ring you in the morning maybe get a bite to eat
    Last edited by joeblo; 01-07-2007 at 06:57 AM.

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Hello Mike, Glade to hear you got the ski back together. I think you need to take the rear mounting bosses on the plate and grind them about 50 thousands each or if you can fit some washers up front without the bottom or the sides of the plate are not hanging lower than the pump shoe. When you ordered the plate last may i remember we talked and you had said you do alot of rough water riding so the angle is not so aggressive, Once you give it a little more angle you should be fine. Make sure the plate is not hitting the pump or nozzle because you will not get the correct angle and you can warp the plate. If you need any help or have a question you want answered with anything on you ski feel free to get in touch with me. Thank you, Jim
    Last edited by JIM'S PERFORMANCE; 01-07-2007 at 10:14 AM.

+1
    Another silly question I have painted the ski top and bottom trued the hull and sanded 1000 wet and dry from half the hull back. Enough to take the clear off still very smooth under there would this be cause a sucksion. Just came to mind

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mik72e View Post
    Another silly question I have painted the ski top and bottom trued the hull and sanded 1000 wet and dry from half the hull back. Enough to take the clear off still very smooth under there would this be cause a sucksion. Just came to mind
    nope

+1
    Try an 800 grate with the increased plate angle. Those two things will probably yield 4-5 mph

Like has been said, the trim is in the angle on the plate. You could also unstep the sponsons but I doubt that will work well with the angled plate. If you keep the same plate you have, you may want to try unstepping the sponsons and running them in the full up position.

Thread Information