Thumbs up All around great ski, modded vx110

now days you can make that vx110 into a fuel sipping thrill ride, mine are extra quick and on top end no slouch. My wife and I are Marines, I bought a couple like new 2006 vx110 only 30 hours on them. I first road the skis and was really impressed by the fuel economy. The ski handled great and It is so supper light and nimble, the vx 110 hull is pretty much the same shape as fz models but the vx 110 are lighter than your typical fzr, fxsho, and all other skis, so just put a cold air intake, , a good 18-22 impeller, and a good after market intake grate, free flow exhaust , after doing all these changes to our vx110, we are able to run as fast as the more powerful luxury stock skis of all the major brands, supercharged are not. Plus they are at the pumps every Hour for a fill up and we will ride all day on a tank of fuel, so if you want a great ski that will do anything you ask with a grin and sips at fuel the modded Yamaha vx110 is the ultimate summer fun. Thanks

Got any pics of the mods on the skis ?

Arrow

Hey

I don't have any pics now I see you ride one just like my wife's , hers is white and I got the blue one, she wanted the white one because she has a blue Yamaha zuma that she loves(it's a moped). I'll have to figure out how to load the pics I have from iPad to the link, I'm new hear and joined the link hoping to find some pwc knowledgeable guys, oUr skis are 06 vx110 30 hours i bought 6 months ago, they are both set up identical with those upgrades I mentioned and we really love the skis and there supper quick, and we can run both skis all day for 100 dollars that's not bad, I have friends with more powerful motors that will burn 100 dollars in fuel in just a little over 2 hours (for 1 ski). I'll have to get some pics of the mods for you

What is the catch can if you don't mind me asking , thanks

It's an Oil overflow in case you over fill the ski with oil. When I fitted the straight pipe I removed the OEM Air Box which acted as an overflow so I needed to compensate for removing it. If you overfill the ski the oil will get pushed in there rather than destroying the Air Filter or pushing back into the Throttle Body plus it catches PVC fumes etc. I made it myself out of an Aluminium drink bottle and some other bits and pieces, it turned out well I think )

Thread Information