+1

clean the stock cover? possible?

my factory covers got some mold and gas on it. is there anyway to clean that? how would you go about doing that.

what is the best option to replace that a riva one? since im guessing a yamaha ones gonna cost a ton

I clean mine yearly. You can put it in a large commercial washer, but find one where the agitator can be removed. You can also soak it in a large sink with some laundry detergent. I've tried both methods and they work fair. Best results I've gotten is using a brush to scrub it first using laundry detergent, then pressure washing it......be careful to use low pressure especially on lettering or you will take the letters off.

Be sure to let it dry completely then put on a coat of water repellant. 303 Aerospace Fabric Guard is the best product I've tried.

+1
    +1 I usually spray mine with purple power or super clean if they are real moudy and use a dishwashing brush thats not very course to scrub it. I then put it in the washing machine(we have laundrymat for our cabins-use a laundrymat so your wife doesnt bust you) and wash on delicates-then air dry-have had some real nasty ones come out looking new.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest T View Post
    I clean mine yearly. You can put it in a large commercial washer, but find one where the agitator can be removed. You can also soak it in a large sink with some laundry detergent. I've tried both methods and they work fair. Best results I've gotten is using a brush to scrub it first using laundry detergent, then pressure washing it......be careful to use low pressure especially on lettering or you will take the letters off.

Be sure to let it dry completely then put on a coat of water repellant. 303 Aerospace Fabric Guard is the best product I've tried.

+1
    I just through mine in the washer like anything else. It worked fine and didn't come out any worse for wear as it already had some minor fraying on the inside.

+1
    so i can do it in the washing machine on delicate? use normal detergent? i will probably try scrubbing the mold too first. i dont really care if it peels the letters, just want it to be all clean. then air dry it out obviously.

I have a front loading washer and wash it in there using regular detergent on normal high soil level and both of mine came out great.

Don't tell your wife if it's got mold, or she may ban you from the washing machine

+1
    the girlfriend will never know, i just moved into this house so ill just run it a couple times with bleach and scrub the top rim when im done. cold water or warm?

I'd use a non- chorine bleach so it doesn't weaken the fabric or the thread holding it together. After you wash it, you can put it back on the ski to dry--- that's what i do with my car cover and it dries without wrinkles.

Thread Information