Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Rideplate --> coolant fittings?

Okay I know that there's a couple of different styles for these "plastic" coolant stalks that thread into the RXP ride plates.
    But my (dumb) question is, can these different styles be interchanged between different year plates?
    I have already replaced these parts on my OEM '05 plate last year, but Ive recently bought a used plate to get modded, and i *think* that plate is from an '06.
    So, Im just double checking that I *MUST* by '06 coolant fittings??

Im double checking because im not even 100% if this is an '06....but I think im at least positive that it's whatever year newer than my 05.

Thanks!
    sean

+1
    The fitting is different that is used on 04/05 plate compared to the 06.
    I am pretty sure there not interchangeable.

If you have 06 then pick up two 06 straight fitting and o rings.

Thanks skoepp, but whats throwing me off are the parts that im seeing in these pics, since I've never disassembled a plate from anything other than my 05.

Whats the piece I see still remaining in/on the plate (2nd pic)? Is that some seperate "ring" of some sort that must come out, or is it part of the plate?

Also, the 2 pieces sitting loose (1st pic) in the pic are what were partially broken already (and were already removed from plate), and I dont see that part number listed on any online parts list. Are these pieces a part of the "straight fitting" part number?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2156Mod.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	80.8 KB 
ID:	261340Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2153Mod.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	53.8 KB 
ID:	261341

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by blkturbo! View Post
    Thanks skoepp, but whats throwing me off are the parts that im seeing in these pics, since I've never disassembled a plate from anything other than my 05.

Whats the piece I see still remaining in/on the plate (2nd pic)? Is that some seperate "ring" of some sort that must come out, or is it part of the plate?

Also, the 2 pieces sitting loose (1st pic) in the pic are what were partially broken already (and were already removed from plate), and I dont see that part number listed on any online parts list. Are these pieces a part of the "straight fitting" part number?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2156Mod.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	80.8 KB 
ID:	261340Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2153Mod.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	53.8 KB 
ID:	261341
    They are 06 plate inserts (seal with an o-ring and are much better than 04-05)......whoever removed the plate broke the inserts inside the plate. Most likely by not removing the screw fittings prior to jacking the rear of the plate down when removing it.
    Last set I ordered from Jim as advised by Jerry. You then need to pull the plate apart to fit the new ones. GL

A smart admits!A wicked excuses!An idiot insists! mitsakosgt's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayers View Post
    They are 06 plate inserts (seal with an o-ring and are much better than 04-05)......whoever removed the plate broke the inserts inside the plate. Most likely by not removing the screw fittings prior to jacking the rear of the plate down when removing it.
    Last set I ordered from Jim as advised by Jerry. You then need to pull the plate apart to fit the new ones. GL

+1
    If you need to use that plate you must order those two fittings that are broken.
    Part# is:293710114

Current Items In Shopping Cart
    Qty Part Number Description Price Total
    293710114 RET.RING $3.49

You will also need to buy the two threaded fittings for the hoses!

293710111 FITTING-STRAIT $4.99
    293300121 O-RING $5.99

Quote Originally Posted by Sayers View Post
    I gotta take the damn plate apart??????! Why exactly?? I've broken these parts before on my 05 plate...no big deal at all!

And yes, I have to use this plate...it's the one I just had modded by Speedfreeks.
    And if im not mistaken from memory, it's the part number ending in "114" that I'm having trouble finding (I'll double check for it later this morning).

Quote Originally Posted by mitsakosgt View Post
    +1
    If you need to use that plate you must order those two fittings that are broken.
    Part# is:293710114

293710114 RET.RING $3.49

You will also need to buy the two threaded fittings for the hoses!

Hey Im trying to find the part number you supplied ^here^. Im pretty sure you're talking about the same part that Sayers above you is saying that I need. But how come i cant find that part number in the OEM online store here, OR in cyclepartsnation.com??
    I gotta have this part taken care of soon!

Sayers - are you saying that I can order these parts from Jim, as in "Jims plate mod" Jim? What about a local dealer....is that the only place this part number will show up?

Please help...I have way too much invested in this plate now!
    Thanks!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by blkturbo! View Post
    Hey Im trying to find the part number you supplied ^here^. Im pretty sure you're talking about the same part that Sayers above you is saying that I need. But how come i cant find that part number in the OEM online store here, OR in cyclepartsnation.com??
    I gotta have this part taken care of soon!

Sayers - are you saying that I can order these parts from Jim, as in "Jims plate mod" Jim? What about a local dealer....is that the only place this part number will show up?

Please help...I have way too much invested in this plate now!
    Thanks!
    You can not order those fittings through the OE store. You can only order the barbs and O-rings. Contact Jim he supplied them to me......... YES Jim the plate man.

Okay thanks, I'll hit up Jim as soon as I can. Hopefully he has steady supply of these.
    I just don't see why Jim has these parts, but the OEM store or other parts websites don't.

Also, has anyone here ever cracked one of these plates open? Anything I need to know about ahead of time??? I don't need anymore drama with this plate

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information