2012 rxpx vs 2008 rxpx

Hey guys, I tried searching topics for information im after and I couldn't find anything, here is what I want to know,

What is the 2012 rxpx like in acceleration on flat water? Compared to the 2008 rxpx? Is it faster?

I know the 2012px turns like nothing else etc etc, but I would like feedback on flat water straight line performance info. I want to get one, I currently have a 08 rxpx, I love it from the minute I blast off through the river... I just don't want to sell it and hop on a 2012 rxpx and it will be slower in smooth waters. Any info?

Rami

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rami_13b View Post
    Hey guys, I tried searching topics for information im after and I couldn't find anything, here is what I want to know,

What is the 2012 rxpx like in acceleration on flat water? Compared to the 2008 rxpx? Is it faster?

I know the 2012px turns like nothing else etc etc, but I would like feedback on flat water straight line performance info. I want to get one, I currently have a 08 rxpx, I love it from the minute I blast off through the river... I just don't want to sell it and hop on a 2012 rxpx and it will be slower in smooth waters. Any info?

Rami
    My guess is that they would be very similar. I would think that the 08 might have a slight edge though, because it is probably lighter.

+1
    Even if it was actually slower I don't think it would would be anything noticable.I doubt it's slower though.. it's a great ski.

+1
    Tough to say..The 12 X that I rode was a clapped out prototype..It felt pretty fast but I think out of the box it may have been 2mph on flat on GPS...There again, it was a heavily abused prototype.....Havent ridden a production model yet, we just got our in last week

Autism Speaks. Its Time To Listen gOt BoOsT's Avatar
    +1
    new model years of anything usually get a dose of technology and some added weight for creature comforts. raw performance usually depletes a bit in return tho...

+1
    Acceleration seemed to be about the same as a stock 08. Top speed may a tick faster, but I did not ride the 12 in smooth water.

+1
    I think you will be fine with the 08 . I would just wait a while before going for the new model as there could be some bugs they may need to sort out . I don't think there will be much in the two for
    Stock speed , but time will
    Tell once we all start to play with them. I know my self I can't wait to get my hands on one.

Quote Originally Posted by deansta View Post
    I think you will be fine with the 08 . I would just wait a while before going for the new model as there could be some bugs they may need to sort out . I don't think there will be much in the two for
    Stock speed , but time will
    Tell once we all start to play with them. I know my self I can't wait to get my hands on one.
    Too late sold the px today, I think I'll wait for more info To pop up. Cheers

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rami_13b View Post
    Too late sold the px today, I think I'll wait for more info To pop up. Cheers
    My feeling is that with the same mods you would do for a 08, the 12 would be about the same acceleration, but faster top end.

+1
    When I rod the one at mb I did a bunch of standing still starts to see how it felt and to me it was a bit slower off the line than any of my stock 08-09 P-Xs, but the hull felt faster up top. Also the freaking way the newer ski handled everything else it was very nice and just a better all around ski.

Thread Information