Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Banned User
    +1

2012 Mark Hahn 300 sign-up information

Registration & Check-In - Registration will be conducted at Havasu Powersports, 1040 N Lake Havasu Ave. from noon until 7 pm on Friday, Feb 24.
    http://havasupowersports.com/store-location.aspx Registration is only open by prior
    arrangement on Saturday morning. You must check in, sign the waivers in person, and be armbanded
    prior to setting up your pits. No arm-bands will be issued unless your entry is paid in
    full. All entries must be paid in full by February 10, neither payments nor entries will be
    accepted at the race site.

*IJSBA Membership- All riders (co-riders as well as primary riders) must hold a current
    IJSBA membership. It is your responsibility to show your current card at registration. If you are
    not a member, or your membership is not current you may pay for either a full year, or a single
    event membership at registration. This must be done prior to being arm-banded for the event.
    Membership for the year is $45, for the one day is $25. The IJSBA is declaring this an open
    event and allowing current APBA members to race without joining the IJSBA. You must present
    your current APBA membership card at registration or you must pay the IJSBA fee. There will
    be NO EXCEPTIONS.

Mike Follmer Specialties
    17150 Newhope Street
    Suite 604
    Fountain Valley, Ca 92708
    USA
    P 714-241-9600
    F 714-241-0209
    Email: [email protected]

Banned User
    +1

2012 Mark Hahn Rules

Here are the rules for the Mark Hahn 300;

+1
    wow thats a shit ton of rules for a race named after a man that just wanted everyone to race and excluded no one.

Banned User
    +1
    I agree Joe. But, who would have thought this one event would have turned into such a large event?? Plus, you gotta have insurance, etc........so, you have to have rules.
    Are you gonna race/watch this year? Better be fricking warm-that's all I gotta say

+1
    no gp class no race....

Mark Hahn

Hi Joe:

I saw your post and wanted to respond as I think there is some misconceptions:

"wow thats a shit ton of rules for a race named after a man that just wanted everyone to race and excluded no one."

1st- the event was re-named the Mark Hahn Memorial 300 after his death, prior it was the Havasu 300 and most of the rules were already in place. Also, when I first met Mark he was adamant about having different classes racing with rules for each class to maintain parity.

2nd- The rules are in place because this event has prize money and it's easy to have a racer come back after the fact and say "so and so was cheating" if there are not rules. This is one event that gets some modicum of factory support and it would be devastating to announce a winner that was running a "hybrid" combination. I'm assuming you are upset about the Runabouts NO GP rule? Please note that the Hahn still has factory support from the Mfg's and we don't want to chance a PR nightmare if a GP runabout boat won the Hahn, then for sure there will be NO factory support in the future. A mfg has to able to use the win to advertise (which they do from the Hahn) and if a Kawi-Doo or Yama-Doo or some such GP style boat won Kawi, Yamaha and Sea-Doo would never come back and then the race goes away.

All the best!

Ross Wallach, Race Director

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rpmracing View Post
    Hi Joe:

I saw your post and wanted to respond as I think there is some misconceptions:

"wow thats a shit ton of rules for a race named after a man that just wanted everyone to race and excluded no one."

1st- the event was re-named the Mark Hahn Memorial 300 after his death, prior it was the Havasu 300 and most of the rules were already in place. Also, when I first met Mark he was adamant about having different classes racing with rules for each class to maintain parity.

2nd- The rules are in place because this event has prize money and it's easy to have a racer come back after the fact and say "so and so was cheating" if there are not rules. This is one event that gets some modicum of factory support and it would be devastating to announce a winner that was running a "hybrid" combination. I'm assuming you are upset about the Runabouts NO GP rule? Please note that the Hahn still has factory support from the Mfg's and we don't want to chance a PR nightmare if a GP runabout boat won the Hahn, then for sure there will be NO factory support in the future. A mfg has to able to use the win to advertise (which they do from the Hahn) and if a Kawi-Doo or Yama-Doo or some such GP style boat won Kawi, Yamaha and Sea-Doo would never come back and then the race goes away.

All the best!

Ross Wallach, Race Director

First off i am not and was not upset. I fully understand why there are rules and why gp class boats are excluded. Having said that I think Mark Hahn would have wanted this type of ski included some how hell the GPRXP idea was hatched in a conversation between Mark Hahn and Mark Clemons. Im pretty sure a mildly modded GPRXP or sho conversion would run away with this race in semi smooth to smooth conditions. My ski would last a lap or two.....maybe.

Sure

I understand your point but if there were NO Mfg's involved then definitely open up a GP class but if a GP boat won with the Mfg's support that currently exists then we have a problem, which I'm sure you can appreciate. If Mark were alive today maybe there would be a GP class, who knows.

If the Salton Sea happens (March 2, 3 & 4) why not come out and set the World Record for a GP R/A? There's a group out of New Jersey that's planning on coming out to establish the record, would be cool to see who has the fastest GP R/A. Hope AMSOIL says yes so the event happens!

Ross

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rpmracing View Post
    I understand your point but if there were NO Mfg's involved then definitely open up a GP class but if a GP boat won with the Mfg's support that currently exists then we have a problem, which I'm sure you can appreciate. If Mark were alive today maybe there would be a GP class, who knows.

If the Salton Sea happens (March 2, 3 & 4) why not come out and set the World Record for a GP R/A? There's a group out of New Jersey that's planning on coming out to establish the record, would be cool to see who has the fastest GP R/A. Hope AMSOIL says yes so the event happens!

Ross
    Ouch!!! I would love too but those dates are the first race in the ADBA drag boat series... I love putting 10 and 11 second boats on the trailer.

+1
    FYI,

Those new jersy boys got nuttin!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information