Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Oil leak

+1

Oil leak

Hi guys just noticed an oil leak pushing out from the s/c into the i/c and coming out from the bov and in the air intake. What is the problem and what could have caused it, seems to be a fair amount of oil as the oil light came up and the oil was low, some type of seal or something Cheers Flip

+1
    Most likely coming in from the intake via the oil breather, rather than pushing out from the SC. I know that overfilling the oil can cause it, but you mention the oil light came on - which rules out a simple overfill. There have been quite a few posts recently about cam plugs popping out - that's one possibility. I'm sure others will have additional suggestions.

+1
    Just spoke to the dealer and was told that a seal on the s/c shaft let go hence the reason oil was pushing out of the s/c and into i/c and air intake. Anyone heard of this probelm? He hasn't seen anything like this before

YAMAHA POWAAAA !!!!! 1_Fast_SHO's Avatar
    +1
    i will say the cam plugs, it one of the main reasons why the oil breath returns oil to the air filter then s/c then i/c.

+1
    I have a small amount of oil that escapes from the SC too. It doesn't soak the IC or anything. I've not thought that much about it but will rebuild the SC when I go to the next level.

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Hello flipsfzr, There is no seal there it has 2 small steel rings that keep the oil from coming out, And usually they go bad if the bushings wear out and causes the shaft to move up and down.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JIM'S PERFORMANCE View Post
    Hello flipsfzr, There is no seal there it has 2 small steel rings that keep the oil from coming out, And usually they go bad if the bushings wear out and causes the shaft to move up and down.
    Hi Jim, whats the fix for it as the dealer said yamaha hasnt got a fix for it(actually not a servicible part) and they cant do it as the s/c has to get rebuilt. They might have to send it off to someone who can(eg gary watson)

I just picked up a 08 SHO that had the same problem, the dealer will just put a new S/C on.

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by flipsfzr View Post
    Hi Jim, whats the fix for it as the dealer said yamaha hasnt got a fix for it(actually not a servicible part) and they cant do it as the s/c has to get rebuilt. They might have to send it off to someone who can(eg gary watson)
    If under warranty the dealer replaces them, Also make sure they check to see that a cam plug did not pop out that will make you lose oil pressure and it will cause the super charger to go out because not getting enough oil.

+1
    Anyone knows who rebuilds s/c in Oz?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information