RXTX 260 rs 2010 pump issue

I damaged my pump after stuffing it at 83 mph with a 83mm nozzle. Borrowed a pump off a RXTX 260 09 IS and decided to go back to 87mm. Installed complete pump with the 4 adapters attached. Now i'm having cavitation at high rpm and after a couple of runs, the pump seal will come loose at the top. The pump does not seem to fit flush to the shoe. No visible damages. Anyone had this issue and found a solution? I read in a previous tread a member had cavitation issue and found no reasons for it. We could be having the same issue. I've read the manual and found no further info.Help. Thanks.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RT260RS View Post
    I damaged my pump after stuffing it at 83 mph with a 83mm nozzle. Borrowed a pump off a RXTX 260 09 IS and decided to go back to 87mm. Installed complete pump with the 4 adapters attached. Now i'm having cavitation at high rpm and after a couple of runs, the pump seal will come loose at the top. The pump does not seem to fit flush to the shoe. No visible damages. Anyone had this issue and found a solution? I read in a previous tread a member had cavitation issue and found no reasons for it. We could be having the same issue. I've read the manual and found no further info.Help. Thanks.
    How is the neoprene seal?

+1
    I have a 2010 RXTX260. Decided to install my 15/22R prop with my 83MM nozzle and make a speed run in 41 degree air temp. at about 80MPH my ski stuffed. Thought I ran over a gator. Scared the crap out of me. I'm also going back to the 87MM nozzle and installing pump reliefs. I had no pump damage. Sorry I can't be more help, just thought it interesting to see another RXTX260 stuff using the 83MM nozzle. Can I ask what prop you had installed and what RPM you were turning...... Thanks....

Quote Originally Posted by ADAMBOMB View Post
    How is the neoprene seal?
    Seal is ok not damaged. tried with a new seal. same issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Glade Rider View Post
    I have a 2010 RXTX260. Decided to install my 15/22R prop with my 83MM nozzle and make a speed run in 41 degree air temp. at about 80MPH my ski stuffed. Thought I ran over a gator. Scared the crap out of me. I'm also going back to the 87MM nozzle and installing pump reliefs. I had no pump damage. Sorry I can't be more help, just thought it interesting to see another RXTX260 stuff using the 83MM nozzle. Can I ask what prop you had installed and what RPM you were turning...... Thanks....
    I was running a 15.5/22.5 3 blade at 8350rpm when i stuff it. Meaning when i chopped the trottle. not totally bad, but enough to get me worried.

+1
    I was running a 15.5/22.5 3 blade at 8350rpm when i stuff it. Meaning when i chopped the trottle. not totally bad, but enough to get me worried.
    What damage did you specifically have to the pump?
    Did you mean 4 blade 15.5/22.5 vice 3?
    Did this happen while running flat out at WOT or only after chopping the throttle quickly? I can see this happening if chopping the throttle and or hitting choppy water at high speed.
    I have not seen this problem yet but, want to understand what is possible and be ready for this!!!!

Are you sure you have the 4 mounting brackets adjusted correctly on the pump? Are the 09 and 10 pumps identical in every way?

Thread Information