Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Rxpx 08 first mods

Hi guys I recently purchased a low hour 08 rxpx ski and already has a riva filter pod set up and a modded exhaust,also i may buy the fizzle engine breather/catch can soon,what are the next mods I should be thinking about? Cheers

JD
    +1
    intake grate
    solas impeller
    sc upgrade

+1
    Get rid of the Riva intake first of all. In my experience it is a POS. The seat doesnt seal properly right above the pod filter, I had numerous instances of water intrusion while using that intake. The 4 inch fizzle intake is a much safer and better option.
    Modded exhaust?? Is this just a removed resonator or thru hull exhaust?

It all depends on how far you want to go. A new intake grate and aftermarket prop would be your next step.

Iam thinking I need the ski to hook up better,I took it out today in mild chop and the ski is on/off the power when iam at over 40mph it can't seem to hook up in mild chop at all,only in dead flat water does it hook up properly,is this normal for the rxpx if so can I get it to hook up better or is it too light of a ski,I think I need to sort this out before I do any other upgrades,as its losing alot of forward speed due to the pump not getting water,any ideas would greatly be appreciated

+1
    Don't take this as criticism, are you familiar with the trim system? It plays a huge role in your ability to stay planted in any chop at all. If you are then try a WORX grate for hook up.

Yes Iam familiar with the trim and also did the presets on the fly,so will changing the grate help much? Also which is recommended riva,r&d or worx?? thanx

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by hijakdgtr View Post
    Hi guys I recently purchased a low hour 08 rxpx ski and already has a riva filter pod set up and a modded exhaust,also i may buy the fizzle engine breather/catch can soon,what are the next mods I should be thinking about? Cheers
    I'm gonna ask a stupid question, what the hell is a "Riva filter pod setup"? Are you talking about the Riva Rear Air (4") or the the Riva 3"? If anyone is having problems with water intrusion in the hull due to the seat not sealing proper with the Rear Air its likely due to an inproper installation from not reading the instructions. The tube has to be trimmed to proper height during the install. I may be way off base with my response but its because I still dont know what the "Riva filter pod" is.

It's a riva 3 inch power filter kit

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by hijakdgtr View Post
    It's a riva 3 inch power filter kit
    Thanks brother!

No probs,btw Iam not having any issues with water getting in the hull or on the filter,also any ideas which is best out of the riva,r&d,worx intake grates and do they make a reasonable difference?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information