Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Fuel pump upgraded and fuel line questions (95 sl 750)

I was about to do some maintenance and upgrades on my ski I want to install the triple outlet fuel pump and change out all the fuel lines.

Can any one tell me how many feet of fuel line a 95 sl 750 has? I also was wondering what I need to get other than the pump and fuel line to make the install of the pump easy.

I couldt find a good step by step.

+1
    I ordered 50' of 1/4" fuel line and was able to do 2 SLT750s with a little to spare. I would think that 25' would suffice for an SL. This should cover two supplies (one regular one reserve) to the selector, then to the water seperator, then the pump, then three lines to the carbs. Then a return line from the carbs back to the fuel tank. Be sure to save the restrictor installated in the fuel line just after the return nipple on the carbs. You will need this for reinstall.

You will also need to install some sort of caps on two of the carb nipples that were used to connect each of the carbs together, as these will need to be plugged. Each carb will get it's own feed now......

Finally you will need to replace the vent lines including one intake vent (white) and one relief vent (black). Make sure these are operating properly to preven pressure build up in the tank.

Be sure to use standard black reinforced fuel line from the pulse fitting to the fuel pump. This should be no more than 12" if possible. While you are down there, make sure your pulse fitting is clear of all "gunk". This will help ensure proper fuel pressure.....

Lastly, remove the tank fitting and replace the fuel lines in the tank with "Tygon" fuel lines. Be sure to reinstall the "clunks" with mesh screens back onto the new lines.

Use only ss hose clamps and no zip ties for added reliablity on all fuel connections.

Replace inline fuel filters with new ones or replace your water seperator with the type that has a filter built into it. I did this on both of my skis.

Somebody please fill in if I missed anything.........

any idea what to get to cap the extra carb nipples? I want to have everything I need to get the job done.

Im going to get the triple outlet fuel pump, and 30 feet of hose to make sure I have some to spare

Where are these white and black vent lines?

Banned User
    +1
    Contact john zigler. He sells the pump with all of the extra lines and plugs as a kit. Works great.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanP View Post
    Contact john zigler. He sells the pump with all of the extra lines and plugs as a kit. Works great.
    Zigler's kits work great. You can also pull out the extra nipple on the PTO and CEN plates, thread tap the hole, and insert a brass set screw with sealant.

KJ

+1
    I JUST READ the size of the fuel lines and to only use the black fuel line for the return or off the pulse ? i have an 86 slt 780 and all the fuel lines are black fuel line and larger than a 1/4 i suspect and did these machine s still require the restrictor in the return line , because i suspect the restrictor would be gone since it would be the wrong diameter for the larger black line ? and does the sender come out of the tank while the tank is in the machine or does the tank need removed ?

+1
    i have fuel pump kits here for 40.00 + s&h

also have clear/blue line for 2.00 per foot. ( use this all the time here in the shop with good results)

have new fuel select switches for 30.00, and most any other part you would need.

i also recommend going through, and completely cleaning / rebuilding the carbs when you do the fuel pump. i have a kit here, for all three carbs, with needle & seats included, genuine MIKUNI brand parts. 135.00 for all three carbs.

please email or call the shop if i can help.

ktheak your 780 has 1/4 in lines as well. your carbs have a built in return restrictor. there is not one in the line.
    Last edited by john zigler; 01-07-2012 at 11:19 AM. Reason: adding info

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SpectraBrite View Post
    Where are these white and black vent lines?
    The white and black I was referring to are the actual vents. One is inline and the other should cap a line. These are typically located under the handle bar mounts in the hull above the fuel tank. You may have to stick your head in there or feel around to find them.....

thanks for the info, I will be in touch when my tax return comes in, hopefully by the end of the month!

I want to do the carb rebuild but im a little scared to undertake that task.

Banned User
    +1
    No need to remove the sender unless your fuel gauge isn't working. There are no lines inside that tank, just a large aluminum tube that has the fuel pickup in it along with the float for the gauge

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information