Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: 4 tec rebuild

  1. #1

    4 tec rebuild

    hello all, i have an 06 rxp needs new motor, want to spend smart money with the least hassle. I will do the work as i'm an ex pro outboard racer and can do the work. Please advise best avenue here for replacement motor. I actually purchased the ski from a good friend who is now very anti seadoo due to two supercharger failures, he's done.

    Craig, Atlanta


  2. #2
    jetskitech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Newark, Delaware, United States
    Posts
    54
    SBT has a 4 tec replacement for about 2500 with a good core. Not really sure what there rep is with the 4 tecs, or u can rebuild it yourself, they are fairly simple engines.

  3. #3
    Moderated
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,711
    engines come up for sale on here all the time......i would not trust sbt imho.

  4. #4
    ADAMBOMB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sunrise,Florida
    Posts
    4,723
    +1
    196
    Quote Originally Posted by fhydro View Post
    hello all, i have an 06 rxp needs new motor, want to spend smart money with the least hassle. I will do the work as i'm an ex pro outboard racer and can do the work. Please advise best avenue here for replacement motor. I actually purchased the ski from a good friend who is now very anti seadoo due to two supercharger failures, he's done.

    Craig, Atlanta
    what is wrong with the motor you have?

    why not rebuild what you have?

  5. #5
    dnielsen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Shreveport, Louisiana
    Posts
    2,018
    +1
    94
    Quote Originally Posted by ADAMBOMB View Post
    what is wrong with the motor you have?

    why not rebuild what you have?
    +1

  6. #6

    4 tec rebuild

    we know the head is shot due to the cermamic washers, i figured a replacement block may be the best option at the time, never considered rebuilding myself honestly. I've built several outboards just dont have the experience, I'm looking at perry performance down in florida right now. keep feedback coming. lol.

  7. #7
    Fast & Loud meeper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    West Grove, PA
    Posts
    5,019
    +1
    54
    ....

  8. #8
    ok i give, whats..... mean, hahaha

  9. #9
    jetskitech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Newark, Delaware, United States
    Posts
    54
    Perry performance I kno was good for seafood 2 strokes haven't seen any 4 strokes

  10. #10
    Swedish Viking Craigo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    1,367
    +1
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by fhydro View Post
    we know the head is shot due to the cermamic washers, i figured a replacement block may be the best option at the time, never considered rebuilding myself honestly.
    Why would the head be shot from failed ceramic washers? Both times my washers failed the head was just fine.

    I've had two washer failures and have personally rebuilt my engine twice. I will never give up!

    Take it apart!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 1st 4-Tec rebuild questions
    By tron in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-17-2010, 06:43 PM
  2. 4 Tec Rebuild Dilemma
    By ccamp200 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-27-2009, 03:46 PM
  3. Quality 4-tec rebuilds
    By zues in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-25-2009, 11:57 AM
  4. 4-Tec Rebuild
    By zRaXcPk in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 03-24-2009, 10:41 PM
  5. Wtb 4-tec rebuild parts
    By WHOIS#1 in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-30-2008, 09:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •