Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Just bought 2005 RXP, what to mod first ?

Just traded my snowmobile for a 2005 RXP with 90 hours on it. From what I know the supercharger has not been touched and from what I have read on here either rebuilding, upgrading or replacing the supercharger is a must.

Since we are starting with a clean slate and I need to spend some money anyways I am looking for advice on the best path forward.

It would seem to me to make the most sense for me to replace the stock charger with a new X- charger as opposed to rebuilding stock one or upgrading the stock unit with a better ET impeller and rebuilding. My objectives for performance are to give the ski some more acceleration and a little boost in top end

This is my first PWC

thanks

+1
    Welcome to GH Edge...First off youll need to do the inevitable and that is the Scer clutches,valves and flywheel bolts..those are things that have been known as issues for this model year...NOW as i mention the Scer,you stated in upgrading..What we need to know is how fast and what your looking to spend as speed comes with a cost....BUT a X charger would definatly give you better performance than your current Scer

+1
    Edge. Make sure you do the SC clutch washers before you ride it. As for the fly wheel bolts and valves, i wouldnt worry as much about those. Have they been know to fail, yes, have they lasted if cared for correctly yes. I have an 04 with 120hrs on the old valves and fly wheel bolts. That being said my next purchase is some valves. just my .02

Was going to tend to the charger first before I ride it in the spring was thinking of x charger, 42 lbs injector, riva rear intake, was not planning on doing the valves this did not seem to me to be as urgent as the supercharger. What kind of performance increase can I expect with these upgrades (would like to see 72-73 MPH) and a boost in acceleration

thanks

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by edge View Post
    Just traded my snowmobile for a 2005 RXP with 90 hours on it. From what I know the supercharger has not been touched and from what I have read on here either rebuilding, upgrading or replacing the supercharger is a must.

Since we are starting with a clean slate and I need to spend some money anyways I am looking for advice on the best path forward.

It would seem to me to make the most sense for me to replace the stock charger with a new X- charger as opposed to rebuilding stock one or upgrading the stock unit with a better ET impeller and rebuilding. My objectives for performance are to give the ski some more acceleration and a little boost in top end

This is my first PWC

thanks
    If you want to mod the ski I would not waste time or money rebuilding the stock supercharger. What are your goals? How simple do you want to keep the ski?

If you want a simple setup with better top end and acceleration than stock I would run an X model supercharger with the stock IC. Just swap in 42# fuel injectors. Id also run a 4" front intake to feed it a steady diet of air. You will need a new prop too. Probably a 15/20 that will need some tweaking. Other than that I would swap to an R&D intake grate. The stock grate is a joke.

+1
    Was going to tend to the charger first before I ride it in the spring was thinking of x charger, 42 lbs injector, riva rear intake, was not planning on doing the valves this did not seem to me to be as urgent as the supercharger. What kind of performance increase can I expect with these upgrades (would like to see 72-73 MPH) and a boost in acceleration

thanks
    With those mods you will also need a 14/19 prop and a Riva or R&D intake grate, you should see close to that depending on conditions..as the combination of the bigger Scer,air intake,prop and intake grate, you will definatly see better acceleration and top speed

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
    Welcome to GH Edge...First off youll need to do the inevitable and that is the Scer clutches,valves and flywheel bolts..those are things that have been known as issues for this model year...
    I would not worry about the valves or flywheel bolts unless you plan on increasing the rev limiter.

+1

thanks
    You will also want to add an aftermarket intake grate and a 14/19 prop. You should meet or exceed your 72 - 73 mph.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by pwc4life View Post
    You will need a new prop too. Probably a 15/20 that will need some tweaking. .
    A 15/20 will be a tad to big to turn efficiantly without an external intercooler..it can be done but your not gonna see the gains you would with a 14/19

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by pwc4life View Post
    I would not worry about the valves or flywheel bolts unless you plan on increasing the rev limiter.
    Your not serious are you???These have and still are an issue until replaced and upgraded...if hes running the original valves and bolts i would consider replacing them as the ski is now 7 years old also...BUT that is just me,i dont want to be caught with my pants down on the water....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information