Primary Language: Sarcasm Pony Racer's Avatar
    +1

pump/impeller debri removal..

where i ride ( on a river ) in Ct there is Alot of debri just in the water in general.
    there is a dam up river, and after heavy rainfall there is all sorts of stuff that you cant see that sometimes gets caught in our impeller/pump areas..

on an average weekend we would have to flip at least 1 ski on its side on shore to get stuff out,
    anything from a tree branch/twig, (the biggest pulled out of my ski were 2 (6"x 3/4") twig), bottle caps, parts of plastic bags, and even part of a plastic hanger..with improvised tools it took some time to get that stuff out..
    we dont operate our skis in low water.. the average depth of the river is 15' and alot deeper in most areas

i have come up with something that would help with clearing out the tunnel area, and should work on any type of ski. i havnt seen anything on the net anywhere i looked. so i came up with something for my self that works very well..

right now its still a prototype and some tweaks will have to be done to it.. it can save a riders weekend, and also help with lessen the damage to the wear ring..or in some less handy cases the money to bring it in to a dealer to get the pump cleared with no other damage.. (local dealer $250)

would anyone would be interested in something that can help remove stuck things in your impeller/pump without having to pull out the entire pump assembly, that can easily be stored on the ski in a compartment?

+1
    i know what it is

had this happen on my rxt a couple of weeks ago. had to put it on the trailer luckily i was close to dock. i would be interested if the price was right

+1
    Let me guess a longer stick?

Quote Originally Posted by Pony Racer View Post
    where i ride ( on a river ) in Ct there is Alot of debri just in the water in general.
    there is a dam up river, and after heavy rainfall there is all sorts of stuff that you cant see that sometimes gets caught in our impeller/pump areas..

on an average weekend we would have to flip at least 1 ski on its side on shore to get stuff out,
    anything from a tree branch/twig, (the biggest pulled out of my ski were 2 (6"x 3/4") twig), bottle caps, parts of plastic bags, and even part of a plastic hanger..with improvised tools it took some time to get that stuff out..
    we dont operate our skis in low water.. the average depth of the river is 15' and alot deeper in most areas

i have come up with something that would help with clearing out the tunnel area, and should work on any type of ski. i havnt seen anything on the net anywhere i looked. so i came up with something for my self that works very well..

right now its still a prototype and some tweaks will have to be done to it.. it can save a riders weekend, and also help with lessen the damage to the wear ring..or in some less handy cases the money to bring it in to a dealer to get the pump cleared with no other damage.. (local dealer $250)

would anyone would be interested in something that can help remove stuck things in your impeller/pump without having to pull out the entire pump assembly, that can easily be stored on the ski in a compartment?
    Last edited by skoepp; 01-11-2012 at 01:58 PM.

+1
    same here... interested ... BUT depends on price...
    i mean you could sell a plastic stick or a "laser engraved, stainless steel stick"
    but i mean, if its 5$, sure, 20? sure... 40-50$... well it HAS to be something really good..
    wont see me buying a "stainless" stick while a plastic one could perform well...
    ex: metal stick, 50$ EVEN if its guaranteed to not break, i prefer buying the "5$ stick" and keep a spare around...
    know what im saying?

but if its something more than just a stick (ex: a motor that spins the prop in a different direction and has a clutch so it doesnt spin the engine...
    for something like that, im willing to pay more...
    but how much is too much? depends on what it is...

sure, if its cheap, small and can't be made at home in the shop.

Thread Information