Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What to choose

ride it like you stole it!!! raceneked's Avatar
    +1

What to choose

So, the wife is trying to kill me, i think.

She tells me that for Christmas/birthday this year (they are fairly close together) I can pick any new ski want. (SEE!! I bet all the guys out there just about had a cardiac too! I swear fellas, Gods truth, she said that& had not been drinking copious quantities)

So what do I pick???
    Its GOTTA be a 'Doo (I am quite loyal to the make)

I have been riding the GTIse for years, this will be my first s/c ski.

The GTR seems to be the ski I am leaning to, but the possibility of the RXP/T-X is making me salivate. I like the livlier hull the GTR offers (18 vs 23deg.). I dont do any closed course racing, hell; I dont actually race in any sanctioned events... All couch-crew n all

what would you pick? why?

So what say you, your choice would be?

+1
    Either X ski depending on riding style and conditions.

+1
    yeah, definitely a p-x or t-x..........you'd probably have a good time with the GTR but you'd always wonder what the extra horsepower felt like......i know i would

+1
    depends for your uses...
    might want to consider the GTX limited while your at it... (she said ANY ski right? )
    as far as gtr VS rxt (wont be comparing the rxp-x as its for race... and i dont think you will be "comfortable" on it...

the gtr and rxt are 3 seaters... so we should be comparing 3 seat vs 3 seat and not vs 2 (hense the rxp-x being left out)

im sure BOTH machines live up to their original designs... but the rxt should be better on wakes/waves...

as far as power... im not sure if you will "feel" the power difference (stock vs stock)
    in a head to head comparison, one is going to win for sure... but... is it worth the extra $$$ to you?

i mean, if you just look at MSRP.. the gtr is 11,499 USD, the rxt 260 is 13,599 USD and the rxt-x is 14,699 USD...
    so... you are saving 2K-3K and some "change"
    now for 3 K... i mean .. .you can get a TON of gas... maybe some mods like rideplate, intake grate... cruise control/eco and what not (what ever ISNT included...
    it also covers up for a new trailer, and a ton of maintenance... (heck you could buy the seadoo oil & filters) (also S/C rebuilt) this saving is years of maintenace, cover some of the fuel cost (well as i ride, i guess it burn 3000$ in running costs in say... 2 1/2 years, but thats me... maybe you run more than me)

on the other hand, some may disagree to this, but consider it this way... the rxt-x IS more expensive but "you pay for what you get"
    honestly... i find the looks of the rxt-x BETTER than those of the gtr (although it looks awesome aswell)
    and in maybe a year you will want more power, mod it and such.....

long term:
    well in the long run im sure the rxt-x will sell for more, and be a more in demand model than the gtr...
    as far as maintenance/fuel costs...
    its a very debatable question...
    consider this... do you run by RPM or speed? MOST people run @ speed.. meaning they go "about 30" (MPH)
    they dont really care if its cruising @ 4000 or 4300 rpm...
    this leads me to say, the bigger engine (well HP rating) MIGHT aswell keep the RPM lower...

this being said, the engine WILL be more fuel efficient (as the engines ARE the same size)
    AND
    it will prolong the life of it(the engine)

question is, are YOU willing to cruise around going 30 and stay off the throttle?
    who knows, maybe going 30 in a gtr is your "eco" while the rxt will go 35... its going to be more fun for you, but not only, it might get you places faster, for the same fuel consumption
    (assuming the "eco" function on seadoos work by just limitting the RPM and not the actual consumption)

long term part 2:
    now... saying this, maybe in 3 years your wife will say " we need a new seadoo"
    you will have an easyer time trading/selling the rxt-x, perhaps you will "NEVER" buy a new one again?
    just slowly modding your rxt-x...
    BUT,
    in those said 3 years, by MY riding... i would only have "payed" 1/2 a season (as i said, saving 3000$ will get me about 2 1/2 seasons worth of riding and maintenance)

In conclusion...
    you either "save" eventually growing out of the seadoo and get a new one...
    or maybe "prolong" the "life" of your seadoo by always being entertained by it.

And i get you on seadoo'ing.. no matter WHAT seadoo you have, you ARE ALWAYS having fun on it...

this might also help your research, what type of riding do you do?
    WHERE? (sea vs fresh, mostly glass water or constant wakes , chop and so on)

hope i helped...

If i knew,...I wouldn't ask sea-one's Avatar
    +1
    GTR imo, (lucky)

rxp x

ride it like you stole it!!! raceneked's Avatar
    +1
    First; Thanks everyone.
    Second; It is done

I choose the GTR!

Quite possibly the first one delivered in CA!

I'll be floatin' this boat in about a week, so I'll post a review on it then - should anyone want one.

If i knew,...I wouldn't ask sea-one's Avatar
    +1
    Nice.

A smart admits!A wicked excuses!An idiot insists! mitsakosgt's Avatar
    +1
    Congrats on your new ski!
    Once you ride it please tell us about how it rides!

+1
    No offense to your dealer but they are stupid!!!!!! I would take that trailer right back there and have them set that thing back up!!!! Your bow stop is entirely too low and if you had to hit the brakes VERY hard there is a chance that the ski will go right over the top!!..The bow stop should be right at the bow eye of the ski and the strap should go under the roller so it helps hold the ski down...

Now, Congrats on the GTR!!!! They are really nice skis, should be plenty for what you wanted and if you want more after a few years, mods are easy for that motor

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information