Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Riva throttle conversion kit

Iím thinking of replacing the existing thumb throttle on my 05 to a finger throttle using the Riva throttle conversion kit. My ski is housed at my mother-in-laws house in Texas and I live in Los Angeles. So I want to have everything I need when I go out to Texas for our vacation so I can do the job then and there.

She lives in a remote town outside of Dallas and getting additional parts will usually require ordering them and waiting until next year to finish the job.

I assume Rivaís kit will have everything needed for the conversion. However, are the stock grips reusable? I know the grips on my motorcycle, had to be cut off because the glue used to hold them on would make it very hard to remove them. Cutting them off and replacing them with new ones was the easier way to go. Does the same hold true for the grips on the RXP?

Any installation tips would be helpful so I can bring all the parts and tools to do the complete job and incur as little down time as possible.

Thanks

+1
    Robert, the stock grips are reusable and they come off relatively easily.

Nonstop, all day, everyday. 01xdime's Avatar
    I was also thinking about the finger throttle conversion but i'm not sure if i would like it when big wave jumping. I was wondering if anybody has found a way to angle the stock thumb throttle up to a more natural angle for standing up.

Re: Riva throttle conversion kit

Quote Originally Posted by rlara
    Iím thinking of replacing the existing thumb throttle on my 05 to a finger throttle using the Riva throttle conversion kit. My ski is housed at my mother-in-laws house in Texas and I live in Los Angeles. So I want to have everything I need when I go out to Texas for our vacation so I can do the job then and there.

She lives in a remote town outside of Dallas and getting additional parts will usually require ordering them and waiting until next year to finish the job.

I assume Rivaís kit will have everything needed for the conversion. However, are the stock grips reusable? I know the grips on my motorcycle, had to be cut off because the glue used to hold them on would make it very hard to remove them. Cutting them off and replacing them with new ones was the easier way to go. Does the same hold true for the grips on the RXP?

Any installation tips would be helpful so I can bring all the parts and tools to do the complete job and incur as little down time as possible.

Thanks
    rlara: FYI - You need to drill a hole into the existing bars to do this conversion. Bring a drill and some bits. Also, you will need to make a slit on one side of your cover to fit it over the bars. (As the finger throttle also makes your bars about 2-3" wider). All my friends swear by this mod!

And Jerry is correct about the grips.

-Brendan

Thanks guys,

Good to know the Riva kit will have everything I need.

There is a 5í roller tool cabinet at the house in Dallas. Most of the tools needed, wrenches, drills, and bits should be there. I just wanted to make sure additional jet ski specific parts were purchased ahead of time.

Thanks for the help

+1
    Robert; I can get you a Riva finger throttle kit for $175. Don't pay list for it.

Richard

+1
    richard , How much for a solas 14/19R? I may be needing another one soon.

+1
    Psycho; That prop is $220.

Richard

+1
    Thanks richard Maybe I can meet you some time sat. , if you end up going to FRS#3 in Jax. I'll be there with a few others. See ya then

Psycho Rxp

Hey, maybe someone can help me with thisÖ

Iíve been wanting to go to the extended bar setup for a while, but I do not want the finger throttle. Yes, I know the finger throttle is so much better and all the racers use it blah blah blahÖ but I do not care for it and I donít want to lose my chrome handle bar cover. Iíve talked to Riva and they said that it is a kit and they will not just sell the extended bar part. I just hate to buy the whole thing and then only use half of it (I suppose that I could sell the finger throttle part). Iíve even thrown around the idea of making my own extended bar inserts. But, I need a Riva one to copy from.

Any suggestions?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information