Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    oxford england
    Posts
    91
    +1
    5

    2004 RXP Exhaust Valve Upgrade, Part Numbers

    Hello Folks,

    I am going to change the exhaust valves on my 2004 RXP, does anybody know what the OEM part number is for the upgraded valves ?

    Thanks

    Phil


  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by cat10 View Post
    Hello Folks,

    I am going to change the exhaust valves on my 2004 RXP, does anybody know what the OEM part number is for the upgraded valves ?

    Thanks



    Phil

    If you look at the parts listing for the 2004 RXP, they only list a complete kit for all 6 exhaust valves, which is the new-style valves. (they don't want you to replace just one valve, they only show the kit to make sure you replace all 6 valves)

    The kit part number is 295501047.

  3. #3
    Fast & Loud meeper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    West Grove, PA
    Posts
    5,019
    +1
    54
    The aftermarket Ferrera kit is cheaper and better than the OEM ones.... i would suggest changing them all out if you are going to be already there

    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=527

  4. #4
    Site Admin Green Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Morgan City, LA
    Posts
    36,398
    +1
    2,524
    Quote Originally Posted by meeper View Post
    The aftermarket Ferrera kit is cheaper and better than the OEM ones.... i would suggest changing them all out if you are going to be already there

    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=527
    This is very good advice. The Ferrea valves are the way to go!
    If you truly want the OEM valves then you can get them in the forum's OEM parts store (banner at the top)

  5. #5
    Fast & Loud meeper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    West Grove, PA
    Posts
    5,019
    +1
    54
    thanks jerry

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    oxford england
    Posts
    91
    +1
    5
    couple of things.....are the 2004 OEM exhaust valves in the kit part number 295501047 made of the latest upgraded material as in the 2008 model?

    Also is it really better to use the Ferrera valves, if so do they need to be modified at all (ie ground down shorter) or is it just a case of lapping them in to the cylinder head?

    The Ferrera valves are on your performance parts site for $525 do you get both the inlet and the exhaust valves for $525?

    Many thanks

  7. #7
    Fast & Loud meeper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    West Grove, PA
    Posts
    5,019
    +1
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by cat10 View Post
    couple of things.....are the 2004 OEM exhaust valves in the kit part number 295501047 made of the latest upgraded material as in the 2008 model?

    Also is it really better to use the Ferrera valves, if so do they need to be modified at all (ie ground down shorter) or is it just a case of lapping them in to the cylinder head?

    The Ferrera valves are on your performance parts site for $525 do you get both the inlet and the exhaust valves for $525?

    Many thanks
    i dont know for sure

    i would consult with slow91 about having to cut the valves down, i asked him about it when i had my head done but cant remember if he did it or not

    yes it is a complete set

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    n.j.
    Posts
    457
    please post the answer from slow91.thanks

  9. #9
    Site Admin Green Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Morgan City, LA
    Posts
    36,398
    +1
    2,524
    Quote Originally Posted by jersey785 View Post
    please post the answer from slow91.thanks
    The Ferrea valves are direct replacements for the OEM valves. Just lap them in.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 2004 RXP Exhaust Valve Failure x 2
    By Team_greenUK in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 06-16-2014, 04:32 AM
  2. SOLD 2004 rxp black valve cover
    By thatdude596 in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-01-2013, 07:16 AM
  3. WTB 2004 RXP Exhaust block off
    By Biggsw784 in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-19-2012, 06:46 PM
  4. 04 rxp timing chain new part number
    By jtrudel90 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-24-2011, 10:49 PM
  5. WTB 2 oem rxp exhaust valves
    By JLewis in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-21-2010, 05:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •