New in this Forum- From Colombia.

Hi to everyone, im new to this forum and i've had the pleasure to read several of the threads that have been really helpful from my low experience on personal watercraft.

I'm from Bogotá, Colombia and i own a 2004 GP1300R. I run it on a lake so there is no salty water around. Just had it once in the sea which is a shame. Had an awesome time there.

Just have one little upgrade in it, the Pump Exit Nozzle (87mm). But i'm planning on getting the solas impeller, the free flow exhaust system, riva intake and D-plate.

Would you have some special advice for these equipment? The installation of this equipment is DIY? Or professional equipment is required?

Thanks in advance!

Some pics:

+1
    Welcome to the Hulk.. Nice pics..

Every adventure comes to an end........ Not Today! wreckingball's Avatar
    +1
    Ride Plate

+1
    Go to the frequently asked section on pump shoe installation/sealing, and intake grate alignment. Minor adjustments on your pump and hull components can make very positive changes on a GPR. Also take a look at stepped sponsons, transom plate alignment, and alignment of your exit nozzle (also know and described as "swing bucket").

These minor mods can help in hook up, stability, and to a minor degree, top speed.

Nice ride by the way. Looks like you are having way to much fun.

+1
    Welcome to Green Hulk. What lake do you ride on? lake EL Guavio 6000 ft or Embalse De Tomine 8500 ft. El Guavio has some sweet fingers on it. Just looking at google earth. If you ride at 8500 ft there is allot of HP being lost. Water woody is the master of altitude if you mod the motor.

+1
    This ski has the powervalves for more RPM power installed on the exhaust side...install the Wave Eater clips for piston to valve clearance safety....

Quote Originally Posted by salty View Post
    Go to the frequently asked section on pump shoe installation/sealing, and intake grate alignment. Minor adjustments on your pump and hull components can make very positive changes on a GPR. Also take a look at stepped sponsons, transom plate alignment, and alignment of your exit nozzle (also know and described as "swing bucket").

These minor mods can help in hook up, stability, and to a minor degree, top speed.

Nice ride by the way. Looks like you are having way to much fun.
    Thanks for the advice! Helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by 20 feet Boy View Post
    Welcome to Green Hulk. What lake do you ride on? lake EL Guavio 6000 ft or Embalse De Tomine 8500 ft. El Guavio has some sweet fingers on it. Just looking at google earth. If you ride at 8500 ft there is allot of HP being lost. Water woody is the master of altitude if you mod the motor.
    Hi, not riding at such high altitudes, but i've been there! The engine runs well but obviously not as it should, it lost a lot of power when I took it to the Embalse de Tominé. But i usually ride it in a little lake at 800 ft. The engine runs perfectly nice there...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BIMMERMZB View Post
    Hi, not riding at such high altitudes, but i've been there! The engine runs well but obviously not as it should, it lost a lot of power when I took it to the Embalse de Tominé. But i usually ride it in a little lake at 800 ft. The engine runs perfectly nice there...
    I have road at a 6,000 ft lake up here in Oregon and the ski felt like it was running on one cylinder. So I could imagine at 8500 it would be a dog. Under 1000 ft my ski will run great too. Talk to you later.
    Last edited by 20 feet Boy; 01-13-2012 at 09:43 PM.

Thread Information