Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1

    New in this Forum- From Colombia.

    Hi to everyone, im new to this forum and i've had the pleasure to read several of the threads that have been really helpful from my low experience on personal watercraft.

    I'm from Bogotá, Colombia and i own a 2004 GP1300R. I run it on a lake so there is no salty water around. Just had it once in the sea which is a shame. Had an awesome time there.

    Just have one little upgrade in it, the Pump Exit Nozzle (87mm). But i'm planning on getting the solas impeller, the free flow exhaust system, riva intake and D-plate.

    Would you have some special advice for these equipment? The installation of this equipment is DIY? Or professional equipment is required?

    Thanks in advance!

    Some pics:





  2. #2
    Moderator beerdart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    25,929
    +1
    1,407
    Welcome to the Hulk.. Nice pics..

  3. #3
    Every adventure comes to an end........ Not Today! wreckingball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    San Diego, California, United States
    Posts
    1,347
    +1
    2
    Ride Plate

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Texas City, Texas
    Posts
    1,249
    +1
    15
    Go to the frequently asked section on pump shoe installation/sealing, and intake grate alignment. Minor adjustments on your pump and hull components can make very positive changes on a GPR. Also take a look at stepped sponsons, transom plate alignment, and alignment of your exit nozzle (also know and described as "swing bucket").

    These minor mods can help in hook up, stability, and to a minor degree, top speed.

    Nice ride by the way. Looks like you are having way to much fun.

  5. #5
    20 feet Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Bend OR
    Posts
    1,257
    +1
    1
    Welcome to Green Hulk. What lake do you ride on? lake EL Guavio 6000 ft or Embalse De Tomine 8500 ft. El Guavio has some sweet fingers on it. Just looking at google earth. If you ride at 8500 ft there is allot of HP being lost. Water woody is the master of altitude if you mod the motor.

  6. #6
    "just sayin".. jetdave56's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    JERSEY SHORE
    Posts
    4,494
    +1
    617
    This ski has the powervalves for more RPM power installed on the exhaust side...install the Wave Eater clips for piston to valve clearance safety....

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by salty View Post
    Go to the frequently asked section on pump shoe installation/sealing, and intake grate alignment. Minor adjustments on your pump and hull components can make very positive changes on a GPR. Also take a look at stepped sponsons, transom plate alignment, and alignment of your exit nozzle (also know and described as "swing bucket").

    These minor mods can help in hook up, stability, and to a minor degree, top speed.

    Nice ride by the way. Looks like you are having way to much fun.
    Thanks for the advice! Helpful.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by 20 feet Boy View Post
    Welcome to Green Hulk. What lake do you ride on? lake EL Guavio 6000 ft or Embalse De Tomine 8500 ft. El Guavio has some sweet fingers on it. Just looking at google earth. If you ride at 8500 ft there is allot of HP being lost. Water woody is the master of altitude if you mod the motor.
    Hi, not riding at such high altitudes, but i've been there! The engine runs well but obviously not as it should, it lost a lot of power when I took it to the Embalse de Tominé. But i usually ride it in a little lake at 800 ft. The engine runs perfectly nice there...

  9. #9
    20 feet Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Bend OR
    Posts
    1,257
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by BIMMERMZB View Post
    Hi, not riding at such high altitudes, but i've been there! The engine runs well but obviously not as it should, it lost a lot of power when I took it to the Embalse de Tominé. But i usually ride it in a little lake at 800 ft. The engine runs perfectly nice there...
    I have road at a 6,000 ft lake up here in Oregon and the ski felt like it was running on one cylinder. So I could imagine at 8500 it would be a dog. Under 1000 ft my ski will run great too. Talk to you later.
    Last edited by 20 feet Boy; 01-13-2012 at 09:43 PM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. I am new to this forum, Looking for advise on fixing damage to the hull of a vx110
    By elwardo in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-06-2010, 07:58 AM
  2. VX110 questions: New to this forum...
    By SLOW in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-09-2010, 07:00 PM
  3. Please i need help and im new in this faq with my gp1300r 03 spark????????
    By RAY82 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-13-2008, 01:03 PM
  4. Hi I just arrived in this forum with an 1996 XP
    By aruba yamaha in forum 2-Stroke Performance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-14-2008, 07:59 AM
  5. Hi all - New to this Forum
    By chantra in forum Southeast
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-29-2008, 06:20 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •