Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1

AWESOME day out on the RXT today, cold water NY :)

well i rode around for a bit today... ski was really pullin hard, it was an absolute animal.

oil level at bottom bend
    68 degree air
    69 degree water
    -3 feet elevation

right off the bat she yanked so freaken hard out of the hole and was PEGGED at 8150 RPMS for as long as i held it there... that put a smile on my face i never used to see above 8000... in the heat of the summer it would still pull 7950-8000... but today was first time i got to ride in cool weather since i got the RXT... was still enuff to jsut wear a bathing suit and a rash guard and my vest... dind't get wet bc conditions were pristine... not glass, but no chop whatsoever... jsut that soft gentle surface breaker.

end of the day when i was down to like 2 bars of fuel, i took the main front seat off the RXT and left the msall third seat on. WOW!! you guys HAVE to ride your ski with no seat, it was a wet dream to say the least!! LMAO... the motor is so 'fn mean sounding and high strung it's rediculous!! of course with no seat i was standing up or riding superman the whole time strutting from the rear seat and tucked horizontal to avoid any wind drag

this is on a 99.999% stock RXT... only mods are 2.5 wedge and PVC on the OPAS...

+1
    Send some of that cold water down south

+1
    i think with our drastic water and air temp changes here in NY it may very well come down to me needing two different props to switch throughout the season.

i ride in march when there's snow on the ground but the air temps get into the 50s but the water is still about 38-40 degrees... the water will hit about 75-78 at it's WARMEST point which rolls around about late july and early august it seems... but then it's humid hot 85 and up degree air..

so with a completely stock machine, i'm seeing a fairly decent RPM variation... summer time she'll pull 7950-8000....in the normal spring and fall weather it's 8100.... and now today with upper 60s air and water i'm already at 8150... i wonder what that 40-50 degree water and 50-60 degree air will do for me!

PS>>> i think i got a FAST RXT... unless there's no other RXTs that are up north and participate on the boards like i do. my numbers are smoken fast and i dind't bother posting bc next ride out i need to take a video of the speed runs or at least a digital camera... after each of my speed runs i flew back to Formula One (my dealer, more so good friend) and i showed them my GPS... they are about my only evidence, lol

to give you a general idea... of course i do two different directions and find avg speed to cancel out wind and/or current.... my averages all day long today were a minimum of 66.9mph with a FULL tank of gas... the numbers were consistent in either direction for the most part... +/- .2 mph... as i burned more and more gas the avg jsut kept on climbing. then with my last speed run of the day with no seats at all, no luggage at all, superman position, hit 68.1 mph and HELD it... i ran into one problem towards the tail end of the day when i was down to about 1 bar of fuel, it began porpoising pretty badly. couldn't get to top speed, was no swells, every so slight ripple/chop.. but again i was planted on the back platform of the ski with the throttle pinned.

I think that when the tank on these RXTs gets really empty and you have a 2.5 wedge, it may be jsut a tad too much and causes the porpoise. i've seen this otehr times with my ski, but was expecially noticeable today. I do have a 2.25 Pump wedge from PPG that i will swap in there and see if it solves the porpoise maybe... and then go back to stock with no wedge.

pictures next time if i can so u guys believe me! lol ... pretty dang quick stock RXT huh?

+1
    I believe you! Awsome numbers!

+1
    Well, I don't believe you. I need video, pictures, an affidavit from your clergyman, a note from your mom and a certified copy of the congressional record of the debate over which party is to blame for you reaching those speeds. Oh, wait, wrong forum. I believe you!

The most interesting man in the world. Nils888's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Franko
    Well, I don't believe you. I need video, pictures, an affidavit from your clergyman, a note from your mom and a certified copy of the congressional record of the debate over which party is to blame for you reaching those speeds. Oh, wait, wrong forum. I believe you!
    LOLOL

I can get a note from my mom!!!!!

+1
    I believe you...I was running with a bone stock RXT a few weeks ago in the cold water and I was very suprised at how fast it was...He was @ 66-67 mph mark..

+1
    Franko, you got me laughing my ass off over here

+1
    my only fear is.... now basically i ahd the air system working at ALMOST full capacity meaning no seats, cool hull, cool air, cool water... maybe if i left the seats on and was summer time i would see gains from a new air intake... but with my conditions and no seats and 8150 rpms... i can't imagine a new air intake would make it all that much better since it was flowing pretty freely and cool.

PS... i can't get a note from my mom, but your mom would probably vouch for it and write a note since she was on the backseat naked! lol, i'm just playin

i've really never gotten the cahnce to race a stock RXP from the line and to top speed to compare how well it would keep up, but based on the numbers i hear from stock RXPs online combined with an ever so slight chop i bet they'd be neck and neck. but man does that cool water/air make a difference. never thought you could actually FEEL such a difference in performance but it was night and day and really had me smiling all day long out there... kinda makes summer riding boring after you got a taste of what colder conditions can do!

Have you found any other stock RXT's on the water you could race to see how more faster it is.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information