Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Intake Manifold Question (250x)

Motor was taken out of my 250 and gaskets were replaced except for the Intake manifold Gasket..... now the ski has a lot of surging so im assuming it is the intake gasket. My question is what needs to be done to remove intake. Does motor need to be moved or anything. plugs, hoses BOV have all been checked..Thanks in advance...

Banned User
    +1
    Check the sc belt. And should take all of about 10min to remove the intake if needed. Check or replace your plugs as well prob also need more info on what gaskets where replaced and why

+1
    yes i doubt it is your intake i would check all boost hose clamps if the motor was out, sounds like a boost leak

+1
    SC belt is tensioned correctly with the tool as well i have checked all hoses. Ski is showing 11lbs of boost even during surging. plugs are new and have tried another set of plugs. Also after a 5 minute ride i have a significant amount of water. I will see if i can spot the leak during the ride. Almost positive it is not leaking from an IC hose. Maybe leaking from exhaust gasket? Also if the IC lines were routed incorrectly would that cause the surging? BTW the surging is during all rpm ranges and limits me to about 7000 rpm as well. can't imagine anyone could install the timing wheel incorrectly could they?

+1
    Motor was taken out because the bolt on the cam chain tensioner came loose and shredded all the teeth on my timing wheel. some teeth fell into oil pan. So engine was removed, oil pan dropped and the teeth taken out from oil pan. exhaust and oil pan gaskets were put on new. Not a jet ski tech that did the work but he did have a shop manual.

+1
    i would check the timing if you have had the tensioner out

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by benjahw View Post
    SC belt is tensioned correctly with the tool as well i have checked all hoses. Ski is showing 11lbs of boost even during surging. plugs are new and have tried another set of plugs. Also after a 5 minute ride i have a significant amount of water. I will see if i can spot the leak during the ride. Almost positive it is not leaking from an IC hose. Maybe leaking from exhaust gasket? Also if the IC lines were routed incorrectly would that cause the surging? BTW the surging is during all rpm ranges and limits me to about 7000 rpm as well. can't imagine anyone could install the timing wheel incorrectly could they?
    Your problems are right there significant amount of water in hull will cause belt to slip and ski to surge or stall. Leaky exhaust will starve engine and cause same problem. Fix those and you fix your problem.

+1
    hmmm... looks like he mixed up plug wires. #1 and #4 were backwards. kinda surprised it ran even as fast as it did with wires wrong..

+1
    or doesn't it matter? i see 1 and 4 are on one coil where # 2 and #3 are on a separate coil..

+1
    Does anyone know if it matters concerning which coil corresponds to which cylinder. Does it matter if 1 and 4 are backwards as well as 2 and 3?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information