+1

slt 780 carbs rebuilt and cleaned - next step ?

i installed a set of gaskets and cleaned the carbs on this fuji and wondering - do you turn this machine over with out spark to prime up the oil to the carbs and to ensure the oil delivery or i did read mixing 40 to one fuel and running on that but this only ensures lubrication while mixing . please forward the correct procedures to start up and checks . thanks to Watcon for the carb parts and board mebers for the carb advice

Banned User
    +1
    You can run a tank of premix to get the oil pump going. You can also manually fill the oil lines. I use a small syringe, like what you use you give liquid medicine to a baby or a pet. Ask the Walgreens pharmacist for one. When I did my last ski, I bought a quart of the Amsoil 100:1 outboard oil to premix just to be safe. You could also just premix your first tank at 50:1 while running the oil injection and be just fine.

+1
    bleed lines, to the pump. ( with the bleed on the pump). the feed lines from the pump, to the carbs will fill themselves in a matter of mins.

i run at idle speeds, while spraying a little fogging oil in the carbs, until feed lines are full.

Banned User
    +1
    Good idea John! I never thought of that but I bet it works better than any other thing I have tried.

+1
    thanks for the replies , i have to say the carb rebuild was terrible - someone was there before me and the portion of the carb that houses the clear plastic reed - that tiny - invisable piece of plastic, well i just could not retrieve the screw from the previous malicious attempt and left intact and feel i should have went further - i hope it is in good shape , but i am going to need 3-4 good screws if i am going to open again , since they are rough . anyone have any screws ?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ktheake View Post
    thanks for the replies , i have to say the carb rebuild was terrible - someone was there before me and the portion of the carb that houses the clear plastic reed - that tiny - invisable piece of plastic, well i just could not retrieve the screw from the previous malicious attempt and left intact and feel i should have went further - i hope it is in good shape , but i am going to need 3-4 good screws if i am going to open again , since they are rough . anyone have any screws ?
    I may, but you may want to look into getting some SS ones from a local hardware store........ I replaced all of mine with SS just for safety's sake........

+1
    please have a look and if if you have them i am interested . thanks

+1
    Just want to add you don't need exact screw style, just correct threads and length. Like Blue said, just about any hardware store has them, even Lowes and Home Depot carry them too.
    Here's an idea that you may be interested, I open mine up for inspection quite often I kinda stay away from Phillips heads because they tend to trip:
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...php?t=160699#3

Banned User
    +1
    Its a good idea to use nothing but SS when replacing screws/bolts on skis. Will hold up much better and cause fewer problems when its time to disassemble.

Thread Information