Thread: engine

Well i was out riding mi Stxr this weekend just doing some test,,, i noticed that she wasn't reving out completely i had the throttle squeezed all the way but no matter what the craft wasnt goin anywhere, So i thought it might have been something sucked up in the impeller. So i checked it out and it wasnt anything. so i continued to run it like this thinking that the problem would have worked it self out. Then all of a sudden i heard a loud bang and i started to hear something being burned to a chrisp....The eingine sounded like i had taken off the muffler and the engine room was full of smoke... Took her back in to the shore and found i that i but a hole in the bottom of the Engine BLock...

Anyways so now i am looking for a solution, I am planning to put back an engine in it but i have no idea what to look or ask for.... do i have to buy back a whole engine? or just the bottom parts that have a hole.... If i do have to buy back an engine doesnt it make sence just to get a engine thats bored and ported? If i have to get a new engine i want it to be fully modified, for limited/superstock racing ,, is there any company or person that can build me an engine 4 me? Any information would be great Thanks

If I were you, I would pull the motor out and look and see what actually happened to the motor. Buying a brand new OEM motor from someone will be very expensive. You may be better off finding a new set of cases, buy a crank and see what your cylinders look like. After doin that send the cylinders and cases out for the modifications you would like to do. What were your carb adjustments? If you get a new motor dont just bolt the carbs on and go, defently want to check them out and make sure you have the right adjustments.

Thread Information