Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    I suffer from waverunneritis!!!! PWCManiac's Avatar

Arrow Just installed the Jetworks (Pics included)

Alright guys, I just installed the Jetworks mod between last night & this morning. This is the way I did the install on my Jetworks mod. I'm sure u guys will notice several things that I did differently from the way everyone else does it. Well, it's similar, however I barely cut the water hoses & I set the location of the Jetworks valve pretty high. I'll show u the pics below & explain what each pics depicts right above it...
    • Here I was simply installing the brass fittings & removing the sensor on the exhaust. You can also see there the XLT OEM nozzle & the GPR OEM nozzle that I installed this morning.

• Installation here was pretty simple. I used the existing syphon tube so I didn't have to drill any holes. Even used the exisiting hose from the pump to the hull.

• Also used the exisiting syphon bilge black hose up to the Jetworks valve. It's in brand new condition so I might as well use it. I ran the jetworks valve up towards the side of the hull then conected the clear hose provided by IslandRacing that if u follow goes down to the waterbox side of the exhaust where the temp sensor used to be.

• Now from the new location drilled in the exhaust, I ran the rest of the clear hose through the hull, into the rear compartment, drilled a hole in the upper section of the pump area & secured the provided through hull fitting in teh hull with a rubber seal in the outside (NOT PROVIDED in the kit)

• The below pic shows the through hull fitting as my designated pisser. I ordered the stealth mod for mine but the Y connector that Island racing sent me didn't fit any of my hoses so I imrovised & did the next best thing since ordering the stealth mod automatically means I didn't get a bypass fitting from Islandracing. Plus, I certainly know this allows better flow & still the location remains as stealthy as the stealh mod don't u think?

• I also installed the 5 degree GPR nozzle (painted blue) that Abbott hooked me up with. It has the syphon bilge eliminated & sanded. Should be quite interesting to find out my results. Unfortunately I won't be able to until next weekend.

• Anyhow, the number one reason I posted this is for the ppl who have yet to install this mod to see how easy it is & to use the attached pics as referrence.
    Last edited by PWCManiac; 01-08-2007 at 01:52 AM.

+1
    looks good now you need to go test her out!

+1
    Maniac,
    I'm trying to remember, but if I recall the siphon hose is pretty flimsy (I am coming in the same way with a new hose). You might want to think about replacing it; there is a lot of pressure at WOT through off of the pump, and your boat would be 1/2 full of water before you noticed it. Hoses are cheap, motors aren't.

There is a good chance I'll be over your way in a month or so, maybe WPB or possibly Miami; we will have to get together and talk skis.

+1
    The stock hose from the original syphon system WILL NOT hold that kind of pressure. Replace it before you go ride. It will burst and you will take on water very fast. It happened to both my GPR's
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Higgins 7-4-06 032.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	727.7 KB 
ID:	13913

+1
    unless the hose is re-inforced like the in kit 10mm id borex16mm od thick wall.. due to heat and preasure the hose may try to fold on its self and slow if not stop the water flow..but i am sure if i am wrong someone will chim in,just would rather be safe than sorry and would hate to see your sweet 01 baby fill with the clear stuff...was still typing when speed posted...at leat my theory was right..

Looks good. Thanks for posting. Change the hose!

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    Maniac,
    I'm trying to remember, but if I recall the siphon hose is pretty flimsy (I am coming in the same way with a new hose). You might want to think about replacing it; there is a lot of pressure at WOT through off of the pump, and your boat would be 1/2 full of water before you noticed it. Hoses are cheap, motors aren't.

There is a good chance I'll be over your way in a month or so, maybe WPB or possibly Miami; we will have to get together and talk skis.
    Thanks for posting this info. I have had a hose pop off my ski and fill with water and over heat. No fun... I have the jet works mod in the mail and I will have to remember to put a good hose.

+1

Cool

the hose is made to suck,86 it and change to pressure type hose

allso if what to try AAT for that pump have one ,try if ok send $80.00

(bruce thing works great just trying too pass on)if not send back!

later cd

I suffer from waverunneritis!!!! PWCManiac's Avatar

Thumbs up

Alright, u guys have definately convinced me to change the hoses. Not worth the risk. I simply though I would use those brand new condition hoses but the hell with that. Looks like I'm going to West Marine on Wednesday to purchase more hose. I can't wait to test this mod. Everyone says it kicks ass!

+1
    Your A Post Whore!!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information