Thread: RIVA/ViPEC

+1

RIVA/ViPEC

I am having troubles connecting to the vipec with my laptop I am running windows 7 I have another laptop with windows xp that works but want to use the new laptop and ideas? I contacted riva and they never got back to me to connect to my computer they said they could fix it just wondering if it is something I can do on my own? Thanks in advance Bob

+1
    I had the same situation with Microtec software as well as my Magneti Marelli software. I had to start my computer in XP mode in order to operate these programs. Here is a link that explains "how to" in detail. Good luck and keep us posted. I know how frustrating this can be. I went as far as buying a used laptop with XP for this exact reason.

link------> http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...e-in-windows-7

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert63 View Post
    I am having troubles connecting to the vipec with my laptop I am running windows 7 I have another laptop with windows xp that works but want to use the new laptop and ideas? I contacted riva and they never got back to me to connect to my computer they said they could fix it just wondering if it is something I can do on my own? Thanks in advance Bob
    Post in the RIVA Vi-PEC section. Robert Crain is the best and will get your problems worked out in no time. you can email him at [email protected] He is the best man to contact for any Vi-PEC issues.

+1
    Thanks guys it all works now this was his response

Robert,

This is a common mistake made during installation. When installing the VTS software a dialog appeared asking if you trust the uncertified drivers. The QuickStart Guide shows this dialog and gives instructions.
    To fix, go to your system properties while the ecu is connected. Open the Vipec device and uninstall the device usb drivers. Once complete disconnect the Vipec from the laptop. Then reconnect it, an install dialog will appear and allow you to chose the drivers (it will first fail to reinstall and show a red 'X' next to the Vipec device).

The drivers are installed in the C:\vipec directory. Just select that directory and choose the correct drivers for your OS.

If you still have problems completing this, drop me an email on Monday morning and I will log into your pc for you and fix it.

Hope this helps,

Robert Crain
    Research & Development

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert63 View Post
    Thanks guys it all works now this was his responseRobert,This is a common mistake made during installation. When installing the VTS software a dialog appeared asking if you trust the uncertified drivers. The QuickStart Guide shows this dialog and gives instructions.To fix, go to your system properties while the ecu is connected. Open the Vipec device and uninstall the device usb drivers. Once complete disconnect the Vipec from the laptop. Then reconnect it, an install dialog will appear and allow you to chose the drivers (it will first fail to reinstall and show a red 'X' next to the Vipec device).The drivers are installed in the C:\vipec directory. Just select that directory and choose the correct drivers for your OS.If you still have problems completing this, drop me an email on Monday morning and I will log into your pc for you and fix it.Hope this helps,Robert Crain Research & Development
    Yup. Robert Crain is the man. You can ask him any question about this Vi-PEC and he'll have that answer to you in no time. He explains himself so well that you leave with a wealth of information after talking to him.

Thread Information