2005 rxt 215 supercharged

hello guys

i am new to the site and seadoos i am making my first purchase i believe on a used 2005 rxt with roughtly 130 hrs it was rebuilt in 2010 at the dealer, seller tells me it was around 1200$ which was at 105-110hrs he dose not drive it much it appears in decent shape normal sun fade and skuffs but nothing a little buffing cant clean up.

my main question is about the famous washers, if the supercharger was replaced would the mean it has upgraded ceramic washers? because im confused i no it would have these im going to say defected washers factory but now that the supercharger was replaced would these have been fixed?

thanks guys
    also is there anything i should look at before buying with this model?

+1
    Welcome to the forum.
    It is impossible to say what washers are in it unless you know if a 08 kit is in charger.
    Remove the super charger and take a pic of the gear side and we can tell you what washers are in it.

its not really mine yet to take apart but theres no real way to no without ripping it apart even if it was rebuilt in 2010?

does the dealer keep record of this stuff?
    the guy i am looking at buying it from is a multi millionaire so he really doesn't no what was done besides super charger replaced or really care he just no's its to fast to drive wide open he said its only been there maybe twice he was scared. and oil changes were all dealer done he said besides that i just want it gone.

thanks for the very quick reply
    hopefully its worth it then great looking machine green and black

+1
    Find out what charger was installed as that will help. If not and you buy it then pull charger to check slip and at same time see what clutch washers are in it. If there ceramic then buy the riva washers in the store and install.

Also, find out what the rebuild was for.
    If was washer failure find out what all was done in the rebuild.
    Was it completely torn down and all oil pumps inspected and all of motor cleaned out.

Quote Originally Posted by CodeGLI View Post
    its not really mine yet to take apart but theres no real way to no without ripping it apart even if it was rebuilt in 2010?

does the dealer keep record of this stuff?
    the guy i am looking at buying it from is a multi millionaire so he really doesn't no what was done besides super charger replaced or really care he just no's its to fast to drive wide open he said its only been there maybe twice he was scared. and oil changes were all dealer done he said besides that i just want it gone.

thanks for the very quick reply
    hopefully its worth it then great looking machine green and black

hey skoepp

also ive been reading about exhaust valves is this something i need to worry about? really appreciate your replies i think i am going to buy the doo the offer is 6000 with the doo 134hrs trailer and lift for the water along with the safety equipment which is pretty decent to me with the rebuild done recently in 2010 and the equipment he is providing i don't think i will get a better offer/deal i am up in nova scotia canada so these units arnt as popular as down in the states any other info you can give me would be great anything i can check on the seadoo when i look at it? i am new to them but have some mechanical knowledge.

thanks awesome site been very helpful

Thread Information