Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

First ride with my b kit

I finally got the ski together and am really happy with it even though i havent gotten any numbers, we had the radar gun ready but the ski started leaking boost and lost 1,000 rpms after a couple passes. At one point in the beginning it hit 77 but i wasnt topped out, this week ill get on the ball and get some real numbers.

I tightened everything up and went out to the ocean but started leaking there to even though the pipes were still on and the clamps were tightened. Im using temporarily marks ic piping from the supercharger to the intercooler with those reducers hoses he uses and i think thats the problem. Ive tightened it 3 times and its still the same result. Once I get the blow off valve block off for my riva aluminum piping I think itll fix the problem but ive been thinking about getting some better hose clamps to.

Do the rest of you guys running the b kits still use the normal clamps riva sends or upgrade.

This week ill get back to you guys with some real numbers and a full list of mods.

+1
    If you are running that cheap BOV with the B kit that is what your problem is. It's blowing the seat off.

no im not running a blow off valve, Im using marks solid pipe that was realeased before the riva aluminum piping until I have the block off made.

+1
    Have you tried sealing the stock IC block off with some silicone? Otherwise, it is probably a leak at one of the hose connections. like you suspect.

there is no b.o.v adapter on the pipe im running, its a solid aluminum pipe from the supercharger to the ic, the outside diameter is smaller than rivas because it uses a reducer hose.

I wont be running this pipe long, unitl I have a block off made for the riva pipe which has the same outside diameter and no reducer hoses.

+1
    No, I'm talking about the billet block off that goes on the front of the intake manifold. The O-ring that seals it doesn't always work well. Sealing it with some silicone or Right Stuff is a good idea.

now that I think about it that could be it to, ill make sure to do that when I can today.

Let me know how it goes. Must be fun to ride.

Ir ya dont have the 4" intake you are not getting full pot. with the b kit...

Quote Originally Posted by excess View Post
    I finally got the ski together and am really happy with it even though i havent gotten any numbers, we had the radar gun ready but the ski started leaking boost and lost 1,000 rpm

This week ill get back to you guys with some real numbers and a full list of mods.
    are u sure u're leaking boost ? i have seen a new b-kit that was slipping right from the start , we shimmed it and now it's fine ! is your b-kit new or used ? have u cheked it with a torque wrench ? just my 2 cents

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information