Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Doing pump tunnel reinforcement

While I'm doing pump tunnel reinforcement what else should I do while everything is out of the way? I have ride plate intake grate trim tabs. Was thinking hole shot kit free flow powervalve and d plate? Any other idea will greatly help. Ski is an 08

Is the tunnel reinforcement needed on a stock 1200r machine? Or say a 2000 1200r with a 1300r stock injected engine?

Quote Originally Posted by 0rdcbra1 View Post
    While I'm doing pump tunnel reinforcement what else should I do while everything is out of the way? I have ride plate intake grate trim tabs. Was thinking hole shot kit free flow powervalve and d plate? Any other idea will greatly help. Ski is an 08
    Not much you can really do behind the mid wall besides reinforcement and free flow... One mod on that list that you don't need is wave eaters. The '08 does not have power valves.

Quote Originally Posted by pjv911 View Post
    Is the tunnel reinforcement needed on a stock 1200r machine? Or say a 2000 1200r with a 1300r stock injected engine?
    You'll get mixed answers about this... A lot of people say it isn't needed unless you start modding, but I feel that it should be done... It's cheap insurance.

Might b a dumb question but does the hole shot kit work with the free flow exhaust. Also what about pressure release valves do I need to do those?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 0rdcbra1 View Post
    Might b a dumb question but does the hole shot kit work with the free flow exhaust. Also what about pressure release valves do I need to do those?
    sure can...there two different mods with different objectives....why would you need pressure release valves for your set up?

I didn't kno if I needed pressure releaf valves or not. Would you buy the reinforcement piece or fab up your own

+1
    I personally did the inexpensive way with overlapping layers of fiberglass and Evercoat resin and and a hardener...there's a few threads on this subject...or go all the way and get the reinforcement sleeve and some 5200...do it either way

Before I start the pump tunnel reinforcement do I need to get upgraded pump tunnel brackets and ride plate brackets. My ski is an 08 and if I'm gonna do everything in gonna do it at one time. What about intake brakets?

+1
    Do it one time... Get the heavy duty pump tunnel brackets as well as intake block. I believe WFO sells a kit for this. Id also properly seal the pump shoe while your at it as well as a freeflow and a holeshot kit. The pre fab tunnel reinfocements are good but I always liked to use kevlar or carbon fiber and west systems epoxy. All the pre fab reinforcements are fiberglass

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information