Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Datalogging

+1

Datalogging

Hey guys, I want to get into datalogging on my ski. I have the Innovate Motorsports Digital MTX-L AFR gauge installed and working properly. Whats next? Any favorite products, suggestions? Thanks as always. Monty.

+1
    To data log you will need the LM-2. The only way to data log I think on the MTX-L is to connect your laptop to the ski and go for a ride. But no ones gonna do that.

+1
    Sounds great, here is my next question. How does the LM-2 connect to the ski to read the RPM's for the corresponding AFR's? The RPM input signal, similar to a RPM gauge install?

+1
    There's many more options. Go to innovates website and look at the dl-32. If I remember right, it had a memory card. And it can log a ton more than the lm2

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

+1
    Excellent, Thanks. I will re-search and follow up.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Struck View Post
    There's many more options. Go to innovates website and look at the dl-32. If I remember right, it had a memory card. And it can log a ton more than the lm2

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
    The DL-32 is way over kill. The LM-2 would be the simplest and cheapest way to log his AFR's against RPM, without a stand alone.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterholics View Post
    To data log you will need the LM-2. The only way to data log I think on the MTX-L is to connect your laptop to the ski and go for a ride. But no ones gonna do that.
    I've done this. I did it with an AEM fuel and ignition control unit which logged and mapped all the date for me. It's really nice to see exactly how the reflashes are working. I logged RPM, boost, injector dudy cycle, throttle position, and A/F all onto the same graph. Was also going to tie in intake air temperature but never got a change before I took the AEM unit off my ski. The innovate units will work just like this too but cannot modify any values like a piggyback can. Having more data is never a bad thing. Log on!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterholics View Post
    The DL-32 is way over kill. The LM-2 would be the simplest and cheapest way to log his AFR's against RPM, without a stand alone.
    There's MUUUUCH more to datalogging than just knowing what RPM. With the DL-32 it opens up a ton. I used an LMA-3(aux box) on my truck, and it allowed me to log IAT,ECT,RPM,G-force,Boost,RPM, AFR, TPS. These all coincide in a tune! Knowing what RPM your at, with a certain AFR doesn't help your tuner a whole lot, since he doesn't know what particular load cell(intake pressure) your at. But your tuner would also need to know your IAT and ECT, because theres global factors in there that come into play.

It's better to be a smart ass, than a dumb ass...

Also!! Keep in mind the best datalogger in the world is also the cheapest.. YOUR PLUGS!!

Say I got a LM-2 where does everything connect? I already have the A/F gauge so I know where that goes. Thanks

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Struck View Post
    There's MUUUUCH more to datalogging than just knowing what RPM. With the DL-32 it opens up a ton. I used an LMA-3(aux box) on my truck, and it allowed me to log IAT,ECT,RPM,G-force,Boost,RPM, AFR, TPS. These all coincide in a tune! Knowing what RPM your at, with a certain AFR doesn't help your tuner a whole lot, since he doesn't know what particular load cell(intake pressure) your at. But your tuner would also need to know your IAT and ECT, because theres global factors in there that come into play.

It's better to be a smart ass, than a dumb ass...

Also!! Keep in mind the best datalogger in the world is also the cheapest.. YOUR PLUGS!!

Oh I'm sorry. I didn't realize he asked you for a logger that needed to log all those things. Because as far as I was concerned he just asked for something to log his AFR's not all his parameters possible. If smart asses like you would come on here and just answer the posters question and not give your stupid opinion on what you think is best then maybe we can get somewhere. Maybe he has all these things logged already and just needs his AFR's logged. All he asked for was something to log his AFR's not to log all the parameters possible to log in an engine, and the best, simplest and cheapest way I know to do that without a laptop is a LM-2.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information