Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: faster 04 RXP

faster 04 RXP

im new to the forum but have already started to realize how amazing this place is. my question for everyone here is, how can i make my RXP faster? somewhat on a budget, i know it wont be cheap but im not trying to sell a kidney here either. i would love to make it reliably faster too, so not just a one and done sorta thing, any suggestions?

+1
    How much are you willing to spend is the question? First thing is to pull the head and change the valves so you dont drop one. Also pull the supercharger and check for ceramic washers, I would think that it has been rebuilt/upgraded because of the age but you never know. (how many hours on it?). If there are a good amount, you might want to just skip over a SC rebuild and opt for a new X charger, with a stock intake and inner cooler you should be fine with the factory injectors. If you get a larger intake and external inner cooler then your going to need to get 42lb injectors and a RRFPR(rising rate fuel pressure regulator). Get a intake grate riva or R&D (depends on your riding conditions) and do a little impeller tweaking. Also while your in the hull might as well replace the carbon seal/bellows setup and wear ring because its a good bet they are still originals unless the previous owner was a stickler for maintenance.

+1
    Check supercharger washers first thing. Trim reverse bucket and fill rideplate holes thats good for one to two mph search free mods. Then kanaflex and intake grate, then get ready and get your visa out, have fun

+1
    Need to know your budget. Without that information we're throwing darts blindfolded trying to help you.

+1
    First, How many hours on it and how has it been taken care of?
    Your dealing with a 8 year old ski.
    Mild mods you might be good but say too put a x charger or more rpm there are many parts to replace to be reliable. IMO

Not trying to scare you away from moding, just some known issues to address.

wow thanks for the help, um i dont have a number in mind for the budget a new sc might be as much as i would spend. i have already done a riva stage 1 and a monster wheel added, i upgraded the sponsons to the riva pro series, i would love to get a high flow hood if theres anyone selling one. i would like to get a XXX charger, so i would need to upgrade the injectors? my current sc has been rebuilt and i had the shop do a overall maintenance since i bought it used.

+1
    The exhaust valves are known to break, therefore recommendation is to replace them.
    This happens when ski sits without being lubed. Since you bought used it hard to know what conditions the ski has been in.
    The fly wheel bolts should be replaced.
    Is motor compression good?
    Oil pumps good condition?
    Just some things to think about if going to 14 psi charger.
    Your going to need away to monitor and adjust fuel with that much boost.

ya that makes sense...the ski was in very good condition when i bought it and it has now been properly winterized...im thinking of going back to the shop and talk to the guy there and coming up with some sort of process to make the ski even more badass...i'm gonna mention all the things you guys have been saying

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by pelf421 View Post
    wow thanks for the help, um i dont have a number in mind for the budget a new sc might be as much as i would spend. i have already done a riva stage 1 and a monster wheel added, i upgraded the sponsons to the riva pro series, i would love to get a high flow hood if theres anyone selling one. i would like to get a XXX charger, so i would need to upgrade the injectors? my current sc has been rebuilt and i had the shop do a overall maintenance since i bought it used.
    You better start thinking about selling that kidney...

hahaha, i'll make the appointment

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information