Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

#3 overboard water dump variations

I did a search but could not find this: Anyone running a T off 3, ---> installing a water ristrictor then pisser? Or, dumping 3, (pluging headpipe there of course) ---> restricter---> pisser? Any advantages to either?

Every adventure comes to an end........ Not Today! wreckingball's Avatar
    +1
    If you watch my video look under the rear grab handle just above the WFO sticker. That is the exit for the cooling water coming out of #3 cyl. Also when I pan my phone over the motor, you can see how I did all the cooling coming out of the heads.

Quote Originally Posted by wreckingball View Post
    If you watch my video look under the rear grab handle just above the WFO sticker. That is the exit for the cooling water coming out of #3 cyl. Also when I pan my phone over the motor, you can see how I did all the cooling coming out of the heads.

Awesome video dude! Thanks. (I need to look at it again b/c I missed #3, it looked like #2 was direct to head pipe too... .?)

Also, as another 'creative' water routing approach; anyone ever run a jetworks valve spliced into #3---> 1/2 hose--->then oem head pipe. Theory there being the same as traditional jetworks mod without all the tapping modification, yet yield the same result(?).

+1
    T off both lines coming off cylinder 2 & 3 and dump them over board. Dont use jetworks valves... get 5/8 x 3/8 x 5/8 T fitting and dump em. In theory you want the stinger pipe to get hot to promote a stronger exhaust pulse.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkaddict View Post
    T off both lines coming off cylinder 2 & 3 and dump them over board. Dont use jetworks valves... get 5/8 x 3/8 x 5/8 T fitting and dump em. In theory you want the stinger pipe to get hot to promote a stronger exhaust pulse.

Thanks Ink, one sort of technical question resulting from this approach, relates to exhaust gas temps (EGT). It is understood that a tuned pipe [oem or otherwise] design has an optimum EGT which when met, gives us maximum RPM's. So that's one issue. The rub is that some folks are saying 'hey put more (a certain amount) water back in the water box at high R's to give us more top-end'. While I concede that's the idea behind the traditional jetworx routing install (dry-out stinger/put back-in/tap at/near waterbox) Has anyone checked rpm's before and after?

(To me, basic two stroke tuning suggests too much water in box is very sim. to a large silencer/long stinger, which is for low/mid-range, not top-end.)

Ink, I have no plans for a traditional jetworx install; I have riva stinger 2's on my ski's. Instead, as you suggest, I was going with the theory to heat-up the pipe to eek out more R's.

+1
    Do not loose sight of the fact the water in the exhaust at higher rpms also is for cooling the rubber exhaust hoses, and also the the plastic silencer if it is still in place. The jetworks stopping water at low (less than 3500) rpms is not a cooling issue so much because there is not high exhaust flow, and no heavy load on the engine.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jim mcgreehan View Post
    Awesome video dude! Thanks. (I need to look at it again b/c I missed #3, it looked like #2 was direct to head pipe too... .?)

Also, as another 'creative' water routing approach; anyone ever run a jetworks valve spliced into #3---> 1/2 hose--->then oem head pipe. Theory there being the same as traditional jetworks mod without all the tapping modification, yet yield the same result(?).
    Yes, only #3 on my ski is going overboard.. I'm not brave enought to run #2 & #3 overboard. I let too many friends and family ride my ski, and I don't want to burn anything up. It may be safe, I'm just not that brave, and I also wanted the water from the #3 cyl to get out with less restriction since that is the cyl that runs the hottest of the 3. When I put my new head gasket on last time, I forgot to drill the cooling bypass holes larger to match the front 2 cyl... Oops.

+1
    Ha wreckingball . Whats the gauge to right of glove box in vid ,pyro gauge? Where did u install sensor and whats max temps u want to see
    Btw nice ski

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jlfx car audio View Post
    Ha wreckingball . Whats the gauge to right of glove box in vid ,pyro gauge? Where did u install sensor and whats max temps u want to see
    Btw nice ski
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...=162813&page=9

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jlfx car audio View Post
    Btw nice ski
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...=162813&page=9

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information