Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    I suffer from waverunneritis!!!! PWCManiac's Avatar

I really miss the sport...

So if there's any of you around that remember the "maniac", just thought I'd express it. Just thought I'd say hello to all my old friends. I'd love to have the money to go buy one right now! For now my car hobby has got my full attention. Someday I shall return, MARK MY WORDS!

+1
    I was wondering where you went

Quote Originally Posted by WFO View Post
    I was wondering where you went
    Yeah, just been away from the waverunners all together. The high maintenance of a 2stroke, finding myself unemployed + all my friends selling their jet skis forced the sale of my baby. I turned my attention towards cars again & I'm a proud owner of 2 very rare Lincoln Mark VIII's. One of course I've modified, the other is bone stock. I might sell my modified Mark & get me another waverunner. Who knows. Everyone is telling me I don't need 3 cars (I still have my truck as well). I just don't know what waverunner to buy & should I come back to the 2 strokes or go 4 stroke!

....think of the 2-stroke doubles and triples from 2000-08~ as 60's muscle cars/327/427~ except handling being equal. They'll never go out of style... . Aside from long ocean open enduro riding, I can't imagine wave jumping a 4-stroke sled. Not enough bottom-end.
    Gee, that wasn't opinionated was it...

+1
    To me being an owner of 03 xlt which I love and did a top end rebuild which is necessary as you guys know at some point mine was 143 hrs...I just wonder about moving to 4 stroke for reliability and saving costs on repairs I am not sure what else starts to go as it ages, have already done d-plate and wave eater clips, couplers as well. I have thought about selling mine now when it is running great and going to 4 stroke?? I am torn...not that I have the money now either for a 4 stroke purchase but I have seen some 2007 FX HO's for not too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by jim mcgreehan View Post
    ....think of the 2-stroke doubles and triples from 2000-08~ as 60's muscle cars/327/427~ except handling being equal. They'll never go out of style... . Aside from long ocean open enduro riding, I can't imagine wave jumping a 4-stroke sled. Not enough bottom-end.
    Gee, that wasn't opinionated was it...
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkCanuck View Post
    To me being an owner of 03 xlt which I love and did a top end rebuild which is necessary as you guys know at some point mine was 143 hrs...I just wonder about moving to 4 stroke for reliability and saving costs on repairs I am not sure what else starts to go as it ages, have already done d-plate and wave eater clips, couplers as well. I have thought about selling mine now when it is running great and going to 4 stroke?? I am torn...not that I have the money now either for a 4 stroke purchase but I have seen some 2007 FX HO's for not too bad.
    I agree with both of the above-mentioned comments....... & that's why I don't know which way I will go, lol. I still have a long time ahead before I decide.

+1
    In the same boat as most, but would not consider 4 strokes per say cheaper as the oil changes and maintenance, but more like the cost is spread farther apart, but when something breaks... watch out. Will make the jump soon, but will have to learn to wrench on it if I plan on it

I'm missing the sport so much I'm actually thinking of getting a cheap project. Maybe an XLT800 with a blown motor. I've been looking!

+1
    Hey PWC I want to re-do the seat on my 03 xlt who did yours or where should I order from?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkCanuck View Post
    Hey PWC I want to re-do the seat on my 03 xlt who did yours or where should I order from?
    Believe it or not, it was Hydro-Turf. Here's a couple pics.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information