Thread: 06 rxt mods

06 rxt mods

hey all, i have my motor out and am currently rebuilding, while out i'd like to do some minor mods, i was thinking the wedge, new prop, and rear exhaust, please advise here. I want to keep consistancy of the machine, but would like to get a few more mph while i have it down, suggestions welcome... Craig, atlanta

+1
    I have a dual exhaust setup you would love, cut you a sweet deal

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by fhydro View Post
    hey all, i have my motor out and am currently rebuilding, while out i'd like to do some minor mods, i was thinking the wedge, new prop, and rear exhaust, please advise here. I want to keep consistency of the machine, but would like to get a few more mph while i have it down, suggestions welcome... Craig, atlanta
    I added a 14/19 solas prop, a wedge and a Riva stage III SC upgrade to my '07 RXT and picked up 4mph on top. I don't have a lot of hole shot and I had to add 2mm to the trailing edge to keep it below the rev limiter - but it's a great cruising ski and it has plenty of power. If you decide to go the same route - the C3 Monster wheel and an air intake would suffice in the case you can't find a Stage III upgrade in the classifieds.

Upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by Craigo View Post
    I added a 14/19 solas prop, a wedge and a Riva stage III SC upgrade to my '07 RXT and picked up 4mph on top. I don't have a lot of hole shot and I had to add 2mm to the trailing edge to keep it below the rev limiter - but it's a great cruising ski and it has plenty of power. If you decide to go the same route - the C3 Monster wheel and an air intake would suffice in the case you can't find a Stage III upgrade in the classifieds.
    h

Where should I buy? Thanks for the help, what about thru hill exhaust?

+1
    h

Where should I buy? Thanks for the help, what about thru hill exhaust?
    You wont see any gains from the exhaust modification, but your ski will sound cool. - If you purchase the SC or the pump impeller(s) from the GH online store you will save 10% by using the coupon code: greenhulk . >>> CLICK <<< you can also find good deals on stuff in the SeaDoo classifieds section. here >>> CLICK <<< No matter which performance upgrades you go with you will need to know how to do this >>> CLICK <<<

+1
    If your going to add a wedge id add VTS, you loose too much handling with a wedge with no VTS otherwise.

hey all, i have my motor out and am currently rebuilding, while out i'd like to do some minor mods, i was thinking the wedge, new prop, and rear exhaust, please advise here. I want to keep consistancy of the machine, but would like to get a few more mph while i have it down, suggestions welcome... Craig, atlanta
    If your rebuilding, I would go with the 08 oiler mod as well, and a 4" air intake. I would recommend reading through some of the post and looking for what mods are best for you. I'm just finishing up rebuilding my 05 RXT and the post on this site helped me tremendously.

Thread Information