Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Exclamation overheating problem???

hey guys
    im having an overheating problem with my 09 FX SHO, its slightly modded with R & D 2 reflash, intercooler upgrade, air intake, thru hull exhaust, intake manifold ribbon delete. i had no problems with riding it hard all day before the reflash n IC upgrade. but now if i flick it around a couple times or do a few topspeed runs the thing overheats n goes in a caution mode n doesnt let me over 17km/hrs. i have checked the intake and its clean. does anyone know about this problem?

+1
    You shouldn't be overheating from those mods. Check the strainer in the pump for debris. Also a possibility the t-stat might be sticking, although I've never heard of anyone have that happen. If you run it on the hose, do you have good water flow from the pissers on the port side?

Quote Originally Posted by mjh3ides View Post
    You shouldn't be overheating from those mods. Check the strainer in the pump for debris. Also a possibility the t-stat might be sticking, although I've never heard of anyone have that happen. If you run it on the hose, do you have good water flow from the pissers on the port side?
    I also have a RIVA FPR.. that running at 65psi.. i know that i have to turn it down to about 55psi
    (would that be the problem?). water flow is good.. i took the ski to my mechanic, and he said that he flushed out all the hoses n found nothing.. and i got the ski serviced.

+1
    is there any water in the bottom of your hull you could have a leak. check the y peice under neath.

+1
    when i fitted motec with stock cooling and ran hard the temps would get way up there
    i think you will just need to add some cooling mods

kev

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by KostaSHO View Post
    hey guys
    im having an overheating problem with my 09 FX SHO, its slightly modded with R & D 2 reflash, intercooler upgrade, air intake, thru hull exhaust, intake manifold ribbon delete. i had no problems with riding it hard all day before the reflash n IC upgrade. but now if i flick it around a couple times or do a few topspeed runs the thing overheats n goes in a caution mode n doesnt let me over 17km/hrs. i have checked the intake and its clean. does anyone know about this problem?
    Are u running with a cooling kit?

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    did you replace the factory plastic pump strainer with the riva strainer, If you did you probably have the hole pointing towards the back and not towards the front were it needs to be that will make it overheat.

the extra timing from the reflash has got your temps up. Same problem in stock class

+1
    Be sure that you are reading the gauge correctly and it is not the low oil sensor going off and you thought it was the temp sensor . Check the oil level to be sure it is full on the dip stick. Just a thought! Tommy Jordan

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JIM'S PERFORMANCE View Post
    did you replace the factory plastic pump strainer with the riva strainer, If you did you probably have the hole pointing towards the back and not towards the front were it needs to be that will make it overheat.
    +1, good call Jim. If he's overheating that quickly, that a likely cause.

I ran the piss out of mine many times for 25 miles straight with an R2 & C1 on stock cooling & never had an overtemp alarm, & that was in 95* weather & bathtub water. Even with the extra timing, he shouldn't be having that problem with a stock SC.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information