Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ultra 150 2000 model Multi gauge not working at all. No power

Gday.
    I have a 2000 model ultra 150 and the multi gauge has never worked. I have unplugged the three plugs below the front glovebox and tested for power. Nothing at all. Switch on and lanyard in. Everyone is talking about a 1/4 amp glass fuse??? Where is this as i have looked everywhere. Behind the guage maybe??? Where else can i look for power as i am lost. Cheers.

+1
    Welcome, 00ultra150!

Not aware of a glass fuse, but there is a circuit breaker.

My guess is that the gauge has gotten moisture in it and corrosion has destroyed it. Quite common. There is a rubber plug on the back where the wires go in. When it gets old, it doesn't seal very well. It needs to be sealed with 3M 5200, but it's probably too late now. You might remove the plug and see if you can see any corrosion where the wires are soldered to the board, but these things are really not serviceable.

Quote Originally Posted by steve45 View Post
    Welcome, 00ultra150!

Not aware of a glass fuse, but there is a circuit breaker.

My guess is that the gauge has gotten moisture in it and corrosion has destroyed it. Quite common. There is a rubber plug on the back where the wires go in. When it gets old, it doesn't seal very well. It needs to be sealed with 3M 5200, but it's probably too late now. You might remove the plug and see if you can see any corrosion where the wires are soldered to the board, but these things are really not serviceable.
    Thanks steve45
    I think that the guage itself is ok. I have tested the plugs for power and got nothing. So the guage isnt even getting power. Just wondering where the guage picks up power from so i can keep looking. Is there a wiring diagram on the net anywhere.
    Thanks

+1
    This will get you all the manuals you'll need for quite a while: http://ultra150.yuku.com/topic/2878

This will get you all the manuals you'll need for quite a while: http://ultra150.yuku.com/topic/2878
    Sweet mate. Thank you. Found relevent diagrams. Will nut it out this weekend. In the specs it has photo's of a fuse box. Shows blade fuses. I have looked everywhere. Do you know where this is. I must have looked past it. Im hoping its just a blown fuse. Thanks mate

+1
    I didn't see any reference to fuses in my manual. The only circuit breakers that I know of are in the wiring harness. IIRC, they are mounted in the front part of the engine compartment, near the top.

I didn't see any reference to fuses in my manual. The only circuit breakers that I know of are in the wiring harness. IIRC, they are mounted in the front part of the engine compartment, near the top.
    Gday steve. Thanks for all your help. Using the prints i found a few loose wires. Got necesary power where i needed it. Thought i was on the home stretch. But then found that the guage had also had its day. Ripped it out with the vision of getting it repaired as i am told they are really rare. Looked on ebay that night, (for the hundredth time.) And found one. Got it delivered for $300 total. Dont think he realised how rare they are. Tested it this arvy and she works. Haha. So struck out lucky. Thanks again mate.

+1
    Good!

They're not that rare because so many Ultra 150s have blown engines. People want a lot of money for them, however. I had to replace one in my Ultra and bought one from a guy on the Skiworx site for $250. Had to replace the one on my STX and found one on Ebay for about $150. Hard to find when you're in a hurry, but if you can wait, you can get one. More listed in the summer. (I'm guessing that you're in Oz?) In that case, summer in the U.S.

+1
    What if simply the fuel level guage doesn't work? That (should) be a faulty fuel level sensor in the tank, correct?

+1
    Probably. Not uncommon with the crappy fuel available these days. Put a potentiometer on it and you should be able to make the gauge move up & down. Keep in mind that there is a long time constant, it only updates the fuel level every 10 seconds or so.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information