RXP Pump issues, input needed

I have an 07 RXP with 315 hours on it (looks and runs like the day I got it, meticulously maintained). At the end of this last riding season I noticed a good amount of vibration at high rpm's and a loud pump.. I knew that my bearings had gone bad, no big deal, this would be the third time that i have rebuilt the jet pump on this ski, however.. upon inspection of the jet pump I noticed a good amount of cavitation burn and a very small crack on a vein and maybe a slightly bent pump vein. I would like to have this repaired/refinished and understand Impros does this for a fee.. but I dont think they would replace the bearings, just do the pump work. So I have included some pics and have a few questions.. thank you in advance

1. Could excessive pump cavitation cause the bearings/seals to go bad prematurley?

2. Does anyone on Greenhulk have experience with refinishing/reparing pumps and installing bearings/wear rings that I could get up with and send my pump to? to have it "refreshed" for a fair fee?

3. How bad is it? I am looking to have it refinished/repaired, new bearings/wear ring installed and would like to install a 14/19 prop in it before spring

I have included some pics to show the cavitation burn, the crack (with a piece of fishing line stuck in it) and some slight bending of some veins at the edge
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pump 1.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	46.7 KB 
ID:	262412   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pump 4.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	45.8 KB 
ID:	262413  
    Last edited by RXPteamtimebomb; 01-22-2012 at 08:33 PM. Reason: spelling

West Grove, PA
    i could rebuild the pump very easily but i am not sure if that can be repaired or not.. i would give skat track a call and see what they say, that pump is cracked pretty good and the veins are bent up pretty bad, but usually you can find a OEM pump on here cheap... i am only about 2hrs from you too...

Thread Information