Thread: Seadoo Mods.

+1

Seadoo Mods.

hey!
    i dont have much of an experience modding my seadoo, but i can learn and do small things that wont take down too much time...

im looking to mod my stock rxp 2006, before i do, i have to finish up the gelcoat, and custom paint it ( not until spring or early summer)
    in the meanwhile, im looking to spend up to 2000$ in mods, that WONT require much work...
    ex: i do not have time nor the equipment to take out the engine and mod it that way...
    so im looking for the ``best bang for your buck`` mods.
    depending on WHAT i can get for 2000$ (with or without shipping really)
    i might lower than number by half to 1000$ if doing anything above those 1000$ will seem `pointless` to me...

ex: if for 2000$ i will reach 84MPH but for 1000-1500$ i reach 77-79MPH, i wont bother going for those few MPH yet...

so any suggestions?

i will mostly "cruise" around so i dont want anything to be "too loud" nor fuel consuming (lets say the way i ride the stock tank lasts me 3 hours, i dont want that cut down to 30 minutes of run time under the same loads)

just wondering on how much a turbo will cost?
    not wanting to go crazy or anything (500 HP or something that crazy)
    but lets say 260-300 HP at most...

and what "special" tools would i need? (i already have the torx with the hole in the middle for example)

im open to anything and everything.

thanks in advance.

+1
    you need way more than $2000 to achieve 80+ mph on a rxp thats for sure.... 1500-2000 mark will get you into the 75mph range

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by greenbullet View Post
    you need way more than $2000 to achieve 80+ mph on a rxp thats for sure.... 1500-2000 mark will get you into the 75mph range
    sorry it was an example,
    how much $$$$ would it be to get a turbo setup?
    and for 2000$, at what kind of mods should i be looking at?

as im looking into buying a rxtx260... soon (closer to summer), maybe i should go ahead into modding it instead?

just wondering what i should be looking for in mods... dont want to be crazy fast but still abit faster than stock..

+1
    First you should read in the 4-tec section. There is a sticky that it titled : Sticky: New members wanting to modify your skis. *Please Read* Start there. 2 grand wont get you nothing close going turbo...

+1
    i read the post along time ago, but went ahead to re-read it.

im wanting to go as far as stage 3, BUT i dont know if im capable of changing out parts of the engine...
    so either stage 2 or keep it stock...

just wondering, im probably going to buy a rxtx 2012 this year.
    and how would a rxtx with the riva turbo perform against a stage 3 rxp?
    im just wondering what would perform better , seeing they are the same price? unless im missing something here...
    am i going to need stage 3 PLUS turbo kit?

as for price wise, i was abit off in what i would want to spend... im willing to go up to stage 2 riva price...
    although it doesnt seem to add "much" of a speed boost...

therefore im planning on modding my "new" jetski and not the old one...

what do you guys think?

+1
    X charger, external intercooler, air intake, 42 lb injectors, rising rate fuel pressure regulator, prop, opas block-offs, wedge, rideplate mod if you want to get into the next level of mechanical stuff. That will be your best bang for the buck IMO with keeping in mind your budget and goals.

Quote Originally Posted by shui View Post
    i read the post along time ago, but went ahead to re-read it.

im wanting to go as far as stage 3, BUT i dont know if im capable of changing out parts of the engine...
    so either stage 2 or keep it stock...

just wondering, im probably going to buy a rxtx 2012 this year.
    and how would a rxtx with the riva turbo perform against a stage 3 rxp?
    im just wondering what would perform better , seeing they are the same price? unless im missing something here...
    am i going to need stage 3 PLUS turbo kit?

as for price wise, i was abit off in what i would want to spend... im willing to go up to stage 2 riva price...
    although it doesnt seem to add "much" of a speed boost...

therefore im planning on modding my "new" jetski and not the old one...

what do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by JFizzleJR View Post
    X charger, external intercooler, air intake, 42 lb injectors, prop, rideplate mod. That will be your best bang for the buck IMO with keeping in mind your budget and goals.
    I agree with ^these^....per my own sig list below Thats no more than $2500 I believe. I spent about $2000 while getting a couple of those items used from my friend.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by blkturbo! View Post
    I agree with ^these^....per my own sig list below Thats no more than $2500 I believe. I spent about $2000 while getting a couple of those items used from my friend.
    and the results are 80.1 MPH?!?!?!?

i dont really have goals, just wanting to go "faster" on my rxp... how fast? no idea, never went above stock speeds...
    so even 75 would be an improvement..
    just another note im going to add, i want to buy parts that will "last" if i decide to improve it further more.
    EX: buy supercharger A only to realise to move to another "stage" ill need another SC.
    so im wondering on parts that will seem "unneeded" yet but will eventually be useful
    EX: buy SC B even though i wont juice out every drop of performance out of it yet

another question, are OPAS blockoffs really important? looking to save afew hundred $$$'s and buy something else that would add performance...

+1
    Follow Fizzle and blkturbo's advice, the X charger is a great charger for a decent bump in power while retaining rec-rider useability, and its upgradeable down the road. If you got the money I would get a reflash and 50lb inj over the rising rate and 42's. Just keep the factory rev limit, unless you spend some money and a valve rain upgrade. OPAS blockoffs are a must for speeds over 72 imo. Get a riva or RD grate. Wedge.... thats a personal opionion, I didnt like the way it made the ski handle, other do. You will also need to either buy a new prop or re-pitch yours to take advantage of the extra power your now making. Your going to have to spend money to make power.

Also you may want to check the valves on your ski to see which ones you have, because of the year you might have a early model 06, which was really produced in 05.

Thread Information