00-01 GTXDI SC 4-Tech conversion

Has anyone done it? I might have access to a GTXDI w/ dead motor... I LOVE the blue and silver paint and the looks of the hull. How would this conversion handle? Would it be unstable? I would surely run quicker then the RTX and be more nimble is 815+ lbs vs. 680 for the GTXDI and the 4-tec should only be about 100 or so lbs heavier then the 951DI.

In Puerto Rico my friend Cano did this convertion (seadoo gtx 99) with a 4tec engine x charger with great results but is a little strong in the navegation because the low weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Banchy View Post
    but is a little strong in the navegation because the low weight.
    Awesome!, you wouldn't happen to have pictures would you? Also, can you explain what you mean in the above quote? It's morning and I'm a little slow.

Anyone else have any info on this swap? If it has been done, how it would handle, etc?

thanks again!

I believe the 4-tech non X pumps are also 155mm, same as the 951. I was/am hoping that I could use the from the harness/gauges to the engine and drive shaft all the way back off a doner boat. Do you think I could use a drive shaft from a 215 doner and have it work? Banchy, do you know if you friend used a stock 215 drive shaft?

+1
    215 Drive shaft isn't going to fit inside a 155 Impeller. The 155 pumps are on N/A motors and early 185hp supercharged. The bigger 159 pump should bolt right up though if you wanted to go that route

Thanks GGG, so really all I need is complete doner 215 (that was the plan anyway) The length should work okay correct?

other question would be whats the best way to run closed cooling on a swap?

+1
    Im not sure what length would be best. RXP and RXT have 2 different length shafts. I think RXT and GTX are both the same but i'm not 100% 2 options for cooling would be open loop or use a heat exchanger. Lot of write ups on how to do that in the 4stroke seadoo section

Quote Originally Posted by GGG View Post
    Im not sure what length would be best. RXP and RXT have 2 different length shafts. I think RXT and GTX are both the same but i'm not 100% 2 options for cooling would be open loop or use a heat exchanger. Lot of write ups on how to do that in the 4stroke seadoo section
    Thanks GGG, I did look through those threads, after I posted/you replied... Sorry... looks like I will be going HX because I will be riding ocean 10% of the time.

Thread Information