+1

H20 velocity stack & Plenum spacer install

Has anyone installed the velocity stacks and plenum spacer on their turbo model ski?
    Did you take any pictures you could share? Just a little leery of just silicone to hold the stacks in place.
    We ride our ski's really hard and jump a lot a waves, and worried they could vibrate loose.
    What kind of results did you get? I'm hoping this may help it wind up a little faster on the bottom end.
    I have been getting Gps readings in the 68 mph range and hit the limiter once in a while at wot.
    I have been running, since new, a Macs boost, intake filter directly on the turbo, big IC, and a Solas prop.
    This set up has been totally reliable for over 300 hrs.
    This is likely my last upgrade on my ski before going to the big spring kit and turbo upgrade.

+1
    Its not going to help any . It was a waste of money . U want better holeshot? Eleminate water box or mod it to hold less water . 2 ways of doing this
    1. Where pipe enters cut a few inches off so it dont have to blow out as much water to get better flow
    2.(prefered) make a pipe with 180deg bend to connect 2 pipes together attached to water box . This will keep ski quiet at idle and cruzing but allow a open bath for wot so it clears 3x faster than waterbox cn being it qould hold about a gal of water instead of 3

+1
    jlfx, have you any pictures of your preferred method, not sure where you are putting that 180 degree pipe?
    how long should it be?
    is it to go inside the water box?

+1
    See where the exhaust from the turbo hooks to water box? Now u see where the rubber pipe from waterbox ? Remove waterbox and make a U shaped pipe to reconnect those back together

+1

bypassing the water box

Quote Originally Posted by jlfx car audio View Post
    See where the exhaust from the turbo hooks to water box? Now u see where the rubber pipe from waterbox ? Remove waterbox and make a U shaped pipe to reconnect those back together

If you do this, what is the likelihood that water can back up into the exhaust system? When we are jumping waves salt water could be forced into this area.
    Or am I just being overly cautious. Thanks for your input here.

+1
    Now that is a slight posibility . I truely dont think it would ever make it back to turbo unless shi was fliped over nose first. I have a true strait pipe on mine and have jumped 4' tall swells but to date all landings have be perfect landings on the pack side of next swell. It has a flapper on back of ski that should close in a slap landing . I would try it but im a redneck i try anything once.lol

Thread Information