+1

Rapido Marine Feedback

I am looking at possibly buying an inboard boat engine from Rapido Marine in Florida and just wondered if anyone here had any feedback, good or bad. Thanks, Cliff

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Cliff View Post
    I am looking at possibly buying an inboard boat engine from Rapido Marine in Florida and just wondered if anyone here had any feedback, good or bad. Thanks, Cliff

Hi Cliff.
    The Good: We have bought two engines from them in the past. They are very good to deal with, I think we dealt with a guy called Raul (sp?). Both engines shipped from the states to New Zealand were US$250ea. They also put the second motor into a plastic crate when requested to avoid some of the customs/border/pest control issues. Both motors ran strong. One was a 351W and the other a 350. The 351 also got the GT40 heads put on it for a (very) small fee.

The Bad: One of the motors ended up with water ingestion from a rotton riser (DEFINATLY NOT RAPIDO'S FAULT!! ALL OURS. A couple of thousand hours on the boat - 93 Sport Nautique). The issue we had was when we took the engine to a rebuilder, all the specs were at there limits so had to end up buying another block to start again.

Overall: If I were to do it again, I would definantly buy from them if I was only going to keep the boat for a few years. If I was planning on keeping the boat for a long time and put plenty of hours on it, I would look to a crate motor which has the capacity to be rebuilt.

Hope that helps? Just my opinoins as well, please don't take them as gospel.

Rob

+1
    Rob, Thank you for the reply. It sounds like they might be the SBT of Boat engines. Still might not be a bad way to get on the water cheaply. Thanks again, Cliff

Thread Information